Acronis True Image Home _ still available at 50% off

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by tgell, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tgell

tgell Registered Member

2. layman

layman Registered Member

I was an Acronis user back in its early days, but they do such a poor job of software quality control I wouldn't be interested if the product was 100% off!

3. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Absolute garbage what you're saying. Never had a problem with True Image in backing up and restoring entire systems or just files/folders. That's more than can be said about the other dross I tried in the past.

4. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

Its still one of the best imaging software, true its bloated but thats progress in the business world. For me its always been rock solid, not once has it failed to restore a drive.
    But like any software you need to try before you buy to make sure it works on your equipment.

5. layman

layman Registered Member

Oh, right, what was I thinking? Guess all those bugs that finally caused me to switch to another product were just a figment of my imagination.

Perhaps if you never used more than a very limited subset of functionality, you'd never encounter all that's defective about the product. I dumped TI when each release became more rickety that the last. The file backup/restore features were particularly flawed. It was munged restores that finally led me to dump the software in frustration. Acronis not only does a poor job of QC, but they have nothing that actually resembles tech support. Compared to TI, the product I switched to (Macrium Reflect) is solid as a rock.

6. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I can understand the complaints but I do own 3 copies of this and it is a very nice products aside from the bugs I hope they fix. The sync functionality is broken but the backup and restore work fine. The other extras are just crapware that should not be in there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.