Acronis True Image Home 9

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Boost, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boost

Boost Registered Member

So, I'm new to this image stuff,so be forewarned :D

I recently got Acronis True Image Home 9 and was wondering how you go about backin up your operating system? I do not have an external hard-drive.

Basically would like to know how to back up the operating system .

I also tried out RestoreItPro and found it much easier to understand and work with :thumb: But was also goin to give Acronis a shot since I got it for a gift.

2. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

3. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Eh, no worries :D I'm gonna stick with RestoreItPro :thumb:

Does what I need and is simple compared to ATI.

4. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I use ShadowProtect with Vista and ATI 9 with XP. You should be a bit more specific about your request. With ATI there are two ways to backup, one is within Windows (you start the process basically from the ATI GUI), just follow what the wizard tells you. The only thing to work out is the destination of your backup: another HD or even better a USB external drive for maximum security (even against theft or computer damage).

The other way (which I prefer) is to backup with the recovery CD that YOU should create (there is a wizard for that too) which will allow you to back up and restore from outside Windows. The advantage of this method is that you avoid any kind of possible conflicts with drivers that are active when Windows is operational.

No matter what company you use remember that it is fundamental to test your backup before disaster strikes, that means you should perform at least a restore to check whether it works or not. Too many people have been backing up regularly only to find out when they really need it, that it doesn't work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.