Acronis True Image Home 2010 Issue

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DVD+R, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

As I cant seem to get a response from the acronis forum, I thought I'd ask here instead.

The issue is every time I start the program nothing happens for at least 30/40 seconds escept for Acronis opens with a white blank screen, and often says not responding. Then when i furiously click close nothing happens for at least 5 or 6 times then Acronis mysteriously opens as it should :doubt:

The second issue is that when booting to the rescue CD for some reason it cant find where the image is :doubt: I have to search for it, even though Acronis created it in this directory D:\My Documents\My Received files\MyBackups Acronis changes he path of this directory as E:\ because of the extended partition Windows 7 Professional created during installation.

I'm wondering if I should use the Netbook Edition :doubt: even though my PC is a High end Notebook with i7 processor.
    Its a mystery why Acronis reacts this way, can anyone shed some light on these issues :doubt:

2. pbmcmlxxi

pbmcmlxxi Registered Member

The issue is every time I start the program nothing happens for at least 30/40 seconds escept for Acronis opens with a white blank screen, and often says not responding. Then when i furiously click close nothing happens for at least 5 or 6 times then Acronis mysteriously opens as it should

(If you are using the latest version it is probably because it is try to check for updates each time it is launched. Goto Tools & Utilities, Options and the bottom option, product update notifications, and un-tick the automatic updates check)

The second issue is that when booting to the rescue CD for some reason it cant find where the image is I have to search for it, even though Acronis created it in this directory D:\My Documents\My Received files\MyBackups Acronis changes he path of this directory as E:\ because of the extended partition Windows 7 Professional created during installation.

(This is the way that the boot cd works, I believe it does not use Windows File system, I think it is a form of linux. Thus your normal windows drive letters don't show the same. Just do as your are doing navigating to the folder should work ok)

Ref Netbook - Not sure.
    Hope this helps :)

3. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Thanks pjb your disabling updates sugestion worked a treat :D ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.