acronis true image home 2009

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by aurgolo, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aurgolo

aurgolo Registered Member

here again...... i tried to connect the external drive directly to the PC and run true image in full mode from the installation CD....well it took 50 min for the backup..... good result more than 30 min taken by the D drive but anyway a good result if we think that it is an external drive

coming back to the point, lets wait the acronis support, hope they find a solution,

hear from u soon....... ciao and tks for support

andrea

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Andrea,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Could you please describe the abnormal behavior of the English version of the program under Windows? Does it still freeze?

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. aurgolo

yes, under windows it freezes sometimes while reading the D: drive and sometimes while reading the external drives (i have 3 external)

if i run true image in a safe or full mode from the installation CD everything is fine, it takes 30 minutes if i store the backup file in the D: drive and something more if i use an external drive when connected directly to the PC

i did not try to restore the image........ but i think should be fine

i attached the report.txt file i took with the tool you gave me (from a bootable CD) ....... maybe it helps you

tell me.......

ciao, tks for ur support

andrea

ps
    just to add one thing: when i install true image under windows the machine start having a very strange behaviour, i.e. it does recognize any drive internal or external, does not recognize the cd player, when i try to uninstall true image it freezes and does not allow me to proceed to uninstall....the machine becomes totally unstable, impossible to manage ... wery bizzarre...... this is why i restored and old image taken with drive image and want to reinstall true image when we find the solution

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  4. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

@andrea
    I don't know whether this has to do with long reading the "D :" drive.

First a question:
    Is your "D :"-drive NTFS formatted? Or is it FAT32?
    If it is NTFS the following can be interested for you:

I took a look to your running services but my italic language isn't very good.
    I found a service called "manutenzione collegamenti distributi client".

Please finish this service and change the properties to deactivated.

Then try to start Ti once more and observe whether "D :" will be read faster.

BTW:
    I suppose that "manutenzione collegamenti distributi client" is the same as "Distributed Link Tracking Client" in the English version.

5. aurgolo

of course, D: is NTFS formatted, my main drive is partitioned in C and D like all PC in the world

yes i think that "manutenzione collegamenti distributi client" is the same as "Distributed Link Tracking Client" in the English version......... i can try to deactivate it, but before reinstalling true image i need to understand if it can reasonably work
    the point is that when installed in my machine true image makes a mess and the machine is impossible to manage, then to recover i must restore an old image taken 2 months ago with driveimage ........... long story

6. MrMorse

Recently I converted my 500GB-hdd from FAT32 to NTFS.

With FAT32 Ti starts and analyzed "D :" in approximate 10 SECONDS.

After convert to NTFS Ti needed 35 MINUTES.
    Not sustainable...

After terminating the mentioned service I have my "10 Seconds" back :)

7. aurgolo

but NTFS offers lots more than Fat32....... so it is not convenient to come back to Fat32

better find a solution with TI or wait the next release

what do u think?

8. MrMorse

No. You don't have to fall back to FAT32.

What I said is, to stop the mentioned service. Nothing else.
    And the check whether Ti can read your 'analysing' partition faster...

9. aurgolo

ok, let's wait the acronis support, they will suggest me the best to do and in the meanwhile they will find a definitive solution

ciao, tks 4 ur support

a

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Andrea,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Here is the case number: 00150061

We need several diagnostic files to find the exact reason of the issue. Please check your e-mail box.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.