Acronis True Image Home 2009 new build

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 62cwil, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 62cwil

62cwil Registered Member

I notice on this forum many issues with the above program build 9646. In talking to the chat support line over last couple of weeks I am told they know they have problems with this version and they are working on a new build to fix but they will not give any timetable. Does anybody on this forum have any info about possibility timetable for new build. I even asked them 2 weeks, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, one year and now all they will say is they have no info. I sent them back copies of chats from 3 techs telling me about problems and new build which has priority with Acronis. At that point I get cut off from the chat.

SAD and maybe I will just move to Paragon 9 which several friends have switched and tell me they really like it and have had no problems and the email support is reasonably fast.

Appreciate any feedback regarding possibility new build and guesstimate for timeframe

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello 62cwil,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide customers with any information about unreleased software and about time frame of release, because relese itself depends on many factors, and it must follow through different teams in Acronis to be released. That's why this information is unavailable.

We highly recommend that when you log into your account, and go to subscriptions at the left, you check mark the following two items: 'Notify me about critical updates for my registered products' and 'Notify me about upgrades for my products'.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

3. jmason

jmason Registered Member

TIH 2009 isn't ready for primetime. Get a refund.

4. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Working absolutely fine here.

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If you're not happy with ATI you've recently purchased, don't assume that a fix will be forthcoming.

Acronis generally hasn't announced impending dates for releases of versions or builds.

The few times it has hinted at such things, they haven't come about.

For Version 11, there was one release between the first build of Version 11 and version 12/2009. The interim release left most of the major probs in 11.

So far ATI has released one interim build of ATI 12/2009 since it's first release of that version some 4 months ago or so. That build did not address the major probs in ATI or at least not most of them.

Whether Acronis will release another build of ATI 12/2009, and whether, if it does, that fixes any significant bugs or probs, no one will know until the build is released -- if ever.

6. jmason

jmason Registered Member

TIH 2009 isn't working on my Vista Home Premium 64 bit system. But don't take our word for it- download trial version and see what happens.

7. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

TI is not th eonly piece of sw not to run properly on Vista 64 bit, other forums I frequent for CAD and Electronics software have problems installing or running in 64 bit.

Colin

8. kem

kem Registered Member

It is working as well on my Vista Business SP1 x64 workstation as it seems to be for anyone on any OS.

Having said that this is the worst product I've ever seen from Acronis. I'm shocked they would release TI 2009. In fact this is the first Acronis product I tell my clients, friends, and family to avoid. Historically I've always been a big advocate of all of their offerings. The have severely damaged what was once an excellent reputation.

- KEM

9. rraisley

rraisley Registered Member

As has been documented for over a month, ATI 2009 DELETES certain files (in my case, all of my Outlook and Outlook Express PSF files, and many other config, etc. files in my profile). A tech support chat I had indicated that there is no fix at this time. Yes, I can get a refund (just bought it two weeks ago), but I really LIKE IT! If it weren't for the pesky file deletions! ;-)

So:

1) If there is a problem only with the latest build, can I/we get an earlier one that does not have the problem?

2) Can I get a copy of ATI 11 to use, until the problem is fixed?

3) You really ought to be answering tech support inquiries about this; not doing so looks FAR worse than having the problem in the first place.

4) How can Acronis, in good conscience, sell what to /many/ people is a defective product? Your home page asks "Are your pictures, music and financial data protected?", but in fact ATI 11 currently puts them at risk. Now I realize that problems like this occur. But info should be put up to tell people about it, warn them what will/might happen, and provide an alternative. For new sales, you might say "ATI 2009 is not quite ready, so we will give you ATI 11 to use for now, and provide a free upgrade to 2009 as soon as it is proven." If the problem is only with the latest build (the poster above mentioned 9646), drop back to the previous build and issue it as a new one to temporarily fix the problem. SOMETHING! Ignoring the problem like this is causing far more damage than acknowledging it.

We don't expect you to know exactly when a given problem will be solved. If you knew that, you'd already know exactly what the problem was, and would probably have it fixed. But please help us work with ATI 2009 (and you) in the meantime, okay?

BTW, the file deletion problem is on XP Pro machines here at work. I've been running it on Vista Ultimate 32 at home, and haven't seen this particular problem, but the concern is still there that it may be deleting files without me noticing it. At least I can go back to ATI 11 there, as I upgraded.

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image

We released a new build of Acronis True Image Home 2009 (build #9709). Release Notes for Acronis True Image Home 2009 (build 9709) are available here

rraisley, we can replace your licenses, you can contact us via Live Chat service here

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.