Acronis True Image Home 11 chrashes LAN

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Uferwanderer, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uferwanderer

Uferwanderer Registered Member

Hallo,

I have just installed ATI 11 but it chrashes my LAN. After the Installation I can only look from this Computer to the others but not the other way. In thix forum I read about changing the Registry-Value for the IRPStack. Whatever it means :D . But it did not help.
    Does anyone know an solution because I cannot use ATI 11 with this bug.

2. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Can you provide some details about your PC(s) such as your operating system? Also describe what steps you’ve taken.

This does sound like a Microsoft LanmanServer issue regarding IRPStackSize and can be caused by many applications. It is not specific to Acronis software.

The following FAQ link references a Microsoft Knowledge Base article [#177078] that describes the issue and the fix:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/faq/access-shared-folders/

Google also has some links that might be helpful if this is the issue:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=IRPStackSize&btnG=Google+Search

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  3. Uferwanderer

The "Host" ist an Windows XP Professional 32bit and the "Clients" are

Windows XP Professional 64bit Edition
    Windows XP Home

And I have already visited the 2 links. Unfortunatly there was no solution for my computer that could help me.

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I can't remember what the MS recommendations are but I made the IRPStacksize increases to all machines on my network and I had to go higher than the recommended increase (I don't remember where the recommendation came from.)

5. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

I believe that for Windows XP the default is 15. This I interpret to mean that even if there is no entry displayed the default is 15. Microsoft’s recommendation is to increase this value by 3 and try it. If that doesn’t work add 3 to your last entry [i.e. 15, 18, 21 etc.]. I’ve also read that going to an excessively high number may/will result in a hit to system performance (I don’t know about that).

I was presented with this problem some time ago and it worked for me using Win XP Home Edition sharing drives and folders between two PC’s. Making the change has worked very well. I believe using 18 was the final result.

6. Uferwanderer

I increased the value (dezimal) just to 50 without any effects.

7. techtype

techtype Registered Member

Change to 18 then:
    It would be best to reboot all the computers after you change the value --- and before testing.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Uferwanderer,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build of Acronis True Image 11 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If the issue persists, and raising IRPStacksize does not help either, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

9. Uferwanderer

Hallo,

there is no effect. The same crashed LAN as before. :gack:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.