Acronis True Image Home 11 and Vista UAC

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by linknet, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linknet

linknet Registered Member

After installing True Image Home 11 (latest version build 8027) in Windows Vista, every time I start it the Vista UAC pops up and requests permission.

Surely after correctly installing this program I should be able to run it without interference from the UAC !

Is this correct ? If so is there any way to register it with the UAC so that it recognises it as a known program and allows it run without the UAC prompt.

Regards

linknet

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

The UAC has been one of the most annoying features of Vista. You can turn it off, as most do, in the .... shoot ... I forget exactly where it is. Try the Control Panel/Users.

3. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

Start/Click the Picture/Turn UAC Off/Restart

4. linknet

linknet Registered Member

Yes, I know how to turn it off, but if it's left on can anyone answer my original question.

linknet

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.
    Acronis True Image 11 Home requires the user to have administrative privileges in the system and the Vista UAC will ask if it is really you who takes an action that requires administrator's right every time. So there is no other way to avoid UAC prompts other than turn it off.

We are always at your service should you have any further questions.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.