Acronis True Image Home 10 complaining of full disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jac140, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jac140

jac140 Registered Member

I am using Acronis True Image Home 10 with a Backup Location (not a Secure Zone).

During configuration of the Backup Location, I set the quota to be 250MB, thinking that Acronis would manage deleting old backup runs to stay within this quota.

My disk has now reached that quota; I am seeing the following from my log.

"Warning: Quota violation detected. Set quota: 268,435,456,000 Current capacity: 296,747,149,312"

Ok, so far as expected. Next:

"Warning: There is no action available to take against the limit violation. Limit rule: by location quota. By default, the 'delete' action will be used."

I cannot find anywhere to configure the action to take against the limit violation, but whatever, I'm fine with the default.

"Information: Trying to fix limit violation: by location quota."
    "Information: Deletion is started. Rule:by location quota Number of backup will be deleted:1"
    "Information: Backup deletion Location:atis:folder?file:Z:\AcronisBackup\ Number of backups: 1"
    "Information: Clone Archive Location:atis:folder?file:Z:\AcronisBackup\2007_05_24_12_18_18_875F.TIB Number of backups:9 Number of backups left:8 Archive Type:File Archive created: Thursday, May 24, 2007 2:16:13 PM"

Ok, basically this made sense, except now it's doing some kind of cloning operation - why?

"Information: Disk is full."

Yes, it is. That's why we're doing this in the first place.

"Error: Failed to clone backup. Either the backup is corrupted or unable to write data. Disk is full. (0x40004) Tag = 0xC4AB60A831327ED2"

So why is it trying to do this? Why isn't it just deleting the oldest backup?

"Error: (0x17000B) Path = Tag = 0x984C1DDA50D1DD4B"

A subsequent, cryptic error message. No idea what this means.

"Information: Operation has succeeded."

Really? What about all of the messages previous?

I really don't know what's going on here and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jason

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Backups are checked and old ones deleted after the new backup is made -- otherwise, if some problem prevented the backup from being created properly, an old backup would be deleted even though no new backup was created to replace it. In fact, it it checked and deleted before backup, and there was a problem backing up, repeated attempts to make a backup would result in your having no backups at all.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jac140,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that it seems there is not enough free space to consolidate older backups. Please see this thread for details on quotas and consolidation in Acronis Backup Locations.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 10.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.