Acronis True Image Error Message

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ftwynne59, Sep 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ftwynne59

ftwynne59 Registered Member

Hi all/Acronis Support.

Recently purchased and Installed ATI9...no problems (it appears) on install....however on double click of the ATI9 icon on the desktop, I receive an error message (see screenshot).
    Is it just a corrupt install (I installed all components) and just a simple uninstall via 'Add/Remove' Programmes and then re-install ?....or something else ??

Advice welcome to a AtTI9 newbie and to backups in general ....
    Regards

ftwynne59

Attached Files:

2. Christopher_NC

Christopher_NC Registered Member

Greetings ftwynne59

Seeing your error message, I vaguely recall a similar experience when I first installed TI. I think my solution was to move TI to the C drive. And, if memory serves, to first delete the botched installation, in Add/Remove Programs, then allow the default location to kick in with the fresh install.

Which version are you installing? The most recent build is 9.3677.

Hope this helps.

Regards

3. ftwynne59

ftwynne59 Registered Member

Hi Christopher NC

Thanks for your prompt reply....before I received your response I found a link (on this forum) to FAQ's etc....link detailed installation instructions in clear walkthrough/screenshot style.....advice was to REBOOT after 'Custom' or 'Full' installation.
    Rebooted....no error message !

Hope this may have solved the problem but I'll be back soon if not !!!

Regards

ftwynne59

4. Christopher_NC

Christopher_NC Registered Member

Glad you solved it. That does ring a bell. Seems as though Acronis leaves off a few details now and then. Less than ideal, since security is the name of the game here. But, those reboots do seems to fix a world of ills.

Except when the results aren't as expected, with boot issues, but, that's a whole different topic.

Oh, you did ask for advice. Test, go slowly, retest, and backup everything. There are ways to make some serious errors here. And, lots of ways to use TI as a helpful tool. Read these forums, as it seems you do. They are the best guides to real world use and ways to avoid the pitfalls.

And images work best. Files and Folders have some limits. You can always mount an image and copy files from there.

Take care,

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

As a general rule I always (really usually always :) ) reboot after installing anything. With XP you certainly can get away without rebooting in many cases but I always feel that I want to see how the system will behave after a reboot now rather than the next morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.