ACRONIS True Image Error E0004001

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Ezio Riva, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ezio Riva

Ezio Riva Registered Member

Hi

I have one problem with ACRONIS True Image home 10 build 4871.

the backup stops with the following message:

E00040001: Failed to backup file ore folder (here there is the filename that changes everytime)

Error reading the file. (0x40001)
    Tag = 0x61F1883FE5080AEF
    (0x1003EB)
    Tag = 0x14181C22EF45ACD0

Please note that:

1. This happens on two different PCs, one with Windows XP and the other with WIN2000
    2. I have already installed the patch snapai.dll as suggested in another post.

Please let me know how can I do and how can I contact ACRONIS support directly

Best Regards

Ezio

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Ezio,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

The latest build of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home is build #4942. Please download and install the latest build. You can learn more on how to download the latest build here. See if the issue remains. If the issue still persists, please let us know the following:

Could you please clarify where backup file is placed (whether it's on internal, external, or network hard drive)? Do you perform a partition/hard drive backup or files/folders backup? If you backup your data, let us know the size of the source files/folders.

We do not support directly products that are more than 2 versions back (we support Acronis True Image 11 Home and Acronis True Image Home 2009), except through the KB and forum.

Acronis trains its current staff to support the two latest versions. The technology changes significantly between versions and Acronis does not receive many requests for support on older versions so the knowledge is lost from the previous trainings, during the original release of the product.

From the other side, our forum engineers are well-familiar with the old versions of Acronis software, and we will take care about your request.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  3. Ezio Riva

Hello Oleg

Thank you for your replay.

I have downloaded and installed build 4942 but the problem is still present, I will answer to your questions:

- backup file is placed on an external USB disk drive (153MB)

- I perform a file and folder backup: the total size of data is ~ 35 GB. There are a lot of files (~700000) not very big ( ~ 10-100 kB)

- the error arise always on different files, not always in the same file system point

Let me know if some more details are required.

Thank you a lot for your help

Best Regards

Ezio

4. Acronis Support

Hello Ezio,

Thank you for your response.

Acronis True Image runs out of system resources on the machine when backing up thousands of files (in one or several folders).

There is an issue with the compression algorithm. To avoid this, in the task options, set the compression level to none. Try running separate backup tasks, so that the amount of files in a onetime backup will be reduced.

Also, you can backup the entire partition to avoid these errors. When you back up the whole hard disk drives or partitions, Acronis product creates a snapshot of the system. When you run a file backup, the product creates a copy of each file and puts it into a TIB archive keeping the folder structure.

The issue can be fixed by using Acronis True Image Home 2009. I may recommend you to install a trial version in order to make sure that the program runs flawless for you.

Please let us know the results.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

5. Ezio Riva

Hi Oleg
    thank you.

I have downloaded the Acronis True Image Home 2009:
    I can install on windows XP, I still have to try if it works.
    The problem is that I can not install on Windows 2000 (not supported).
    Is there any version of Acronis TI that I can install on Windows 2000 without the bug.

Thank you

Best Regards

Ezio

6. Ezio Riva

Hi Oleg

I tried to run the same backup with the new versioni of Acronis TI 2009 but I get a similar error:

" Failed to backup file or folder C:\..... "

If I ckick Ignore I get a similar error on another file and so on ....

Best Regards

Ezio

7. Ezio Riva

Hi Oleg

let me summarize the results of various test:

1. "To avoid this, in the task options, set the compression level to none" -> tried but does not work

2. "Also, you can backup the entire partition to avoid these errors". -> this works fine on both the machines !

3. "The issue can be fixed by using Acronis True Image Home 2009" -> does not work, same issue as in the previous versions

Therfore I will adopt solution # 2 that works without any problems

Thanks a lot you for your help,

Best Regards

Ezio

8. Acronis Support

Hello Ezio,

Thank you for your responses.

Acronis True Image 11 Home is compatible with Windows 2000, but the issue with the compression algorithm wasn't fixed for this version.

Ezio,

The issue should be fixed in Acronis True Image Home 2009, otherwise it has another nature. If the solution #2 doesn't satisfy you, we can continue to troubleshoot the problem. In this case please create Acronis Bootable rescue media, try to backup the same folders and let us know the results.

Or we can leave everything as it is.

We are looking forward to hearing back from you at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

9. Ezio Riva

Hello Oleg

sorry for the delay of my answer.

I'm using the solution # 2 for at least one week without any problem, so I think that I will go on in this way.

Thanks a lot for your help

Ezio

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.