Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 9.1 With Universal Restore And HP ML370G5 Server

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RobCover, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobCover

RobCover Registered Member

Hi All:
    I apologise in advance for being such a boar with so much typing. Please bear with me as I describe problem and some thoughts for the sake of others who might have this happen to them.
    Scenario
    I have a Dell PE2800 server equipped with a SCSI U320 Raid Controller card. I am able to take an Acronis image and place it on any media I want including a network drive. I create media that included the universal restore option. Image was taken and validated as good. No issues
    We have switched our preferred vendor of choice and have purchased HP ML350G5 servers to replace Dell units that we already have and are aging. We also are deploying new servers. The current Gold standard server image we use is the culmination of many years of tweaking and software installs and it would take one %^&$ of a time to rebuild and include every tweak and software from scratch.

I have gone out and bought two license for True Image and Universal restore. Latest versions… 3718 if I can recall right now. I installed the version on the HP ML350G5 and created the bootable media with Universal install so I could boot it and start to bring down the image and force the drivers I need on it. I have used universal restore for workstation with great success when porting over a gold standard image to desktops. Love it !
    But….

When I bought from the media I created it start Acronis and amakes me think all is well. I am able to load acronis, see my image across the network, see the partitions it is comprised of and even to see the target drives I got. When I select the partions and drives and want what to restore and go and select the target drive Poooooooof ..reboot. Crap. I suspect this is at the point where the driver embedded in the CD starts to initialize or talk to the drive.

I have started a service ticket with Acronis and Svetlana was gracious to point me to an iso that will give her an error dump I gather. My gut tells me it is some sort of driver issue. The drivers for the controller are avaiailable for redhat at Hp in RPM format. Too bad I’m so rusty on Linux and embedding new drivers in it.

If someone has gotten SAS RAID to work with a newer HP server I would love to hear from you . The saga continues. Hopefully I can update thread with a successful conclusion real soon. The boss wants results not excuses

Be forewarned if you live on the bleeding edge you sometimes have the pay the price …

Thanks for your ears Oh before I get flames.. the os in question is Windows 2000 with SP4

2. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

Is a known Bug please create a Bartpe Bootcd with the Mustang acronis plugin which supports universal restore

3. mgross

mgross Registered Member

Is it known to Acronis as well?

4. RobCover

RobCover Registered Member

Re: Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 9.1 With Universal Restore And HP ML370G5 Se

Just to let anyone out there who is interested in this. The new build version iso that was suggested worked for me. The build number was 3728 I believe. Havent a clue when it will be released but certainly solved my issue. Thanks to the poster for the barcd suggestion. I'll try that Monday

5. mgross

mgross Registered Member

Re: Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 9.1 With Universal Restore And HP ML370G5 Se

From where did you get that version? Did you contact Acronis regarding this?

6. jeremyotten

3728 should be 3718 ;-)

7. mgross

mgross Registered Member

Are you sure?

Robcover wrote:

and that he doesn't know when the new build will be released:
    And 3718 does *not* work for me (as it doesn't for many others either)

8. jeremyotten

Well build 3728 isn't an official build that is released... so...

9. mgross

mgross Registered Member

But it does definitely exist?

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Yes, builds higher than 3718 do exist, but none of them has been officially released yet.

I believe that our support engineer Svetlana has provided Rob with the download link for the ISO image of the Bootable Rescue CD which has the issue fixed.

If you experience the same problem, we recommend that you submit a request for technical support containing the description of your issue along with the link to this thread. One of our support engineers will provide you with the download link for the bove mentioned ISO image.

Note that we cannot provide download links for the ISO images on an open forums like this one, because they are the full versions of the Acronis products. You can confirm that you have purchased the software and are eligible for downloading the corresponding ISO image only by contacting us via e-mail. We appreciate your consideration on this matter.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rob,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Could you please let us know your Acronis request # (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which can be found in the subjects of the letters that you received from Acronis Support Team? This will make the search for the appropriate ISO image easier.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

12. jaycee

jaycee Registered Member

I may just add that i am facing the same problem when trying to restore images with ATI 9.1 ES (9.1.371:cool: and UR 3677 (if no error, cant find higher version?) into Ms Virtual Server 2005 R2 virtual Machines.

Each time after choosing ATIES + UR, i go through a few screens, and hop! reboot :/

Thanx for a hint on when it'll be solved, for now i use BartPE CD with Mustang's Plugin.

Jaycee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.