Acronis True Image Echo Server 8.018 weekly backup schedule?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Xaneth, Nov 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xaneth

Xaneth Registered Member

So I have searched the forum, and there's not much here about how to use Acronis secure zone to create a scheduled backup weekly rotation schedule. The manual explains everything in detail, separately. It does not have any real life examples of how to set up the scheduler. So I am using a Dell RD1000 drive (75 GB) for my Acronis secure zone.

I want to do one weekly full backup on Friday and incrementals on the days in between. I'm assuming I need to schedule two jobs, one for the full and the other for the incrementals. On the incremental job, do I set it up to run "daily" or "weekly" and choose all the days except Friday?

Secondly, how can I work with the .tib files created in the Acronis secure zone so I can mount them as a file system to test the archives to make sure they're backing up? I'm also not able to use the Startup Recover Manager on the RD1000, I get the error:

http://www.vatofknow.com/images/acronis.jpg

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Xaneth,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

To handle a scheme with full backup task and incremental backups between each full, you should create one task for full backup and another one for further incrementals. But this is very inconvenient, because all incremental tasks will be related to one full backup (which also changes every week).

In this case, we recommend you to create only one task for full backups.

Regarding to Acronis Secure Zone - this is a special hidden partition on your hard drive, there's no simple way to browse\change a backup files stored in it (there's only automatic consolidation procedure which keep some free space in Acronis Secure Zone).

However, it's possible to mount this partition to change information with Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0
    Here are the instructions:

- run Acronis Disk Director 10.0
    - right click on the Acronis Secure Zone
    - select Advanced->Change type
    - select type 0Bh (FAT32)
    - reboot the computer

Acronis Secure Zone will be mounted as a partition with its own drive letter and you will be able to see and manage the backup archives there using standard Windows Explorer.

In order to return back the Acronis Secure Zone as it was, you should change again its type to the 0BCh (Acronis Secure Zone type).

Please also notice that you can find detailed information about Acronis Enterprise products in the respective [http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/download/docs/]User's Guides[/url].

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.