Acronis True image. Create shortcut to backup job.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by musiclover7, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. musiclover7

musiclover7 Registered Member

Hi there,

This might be my first post in this forum. Not sure if anyone knows how to do what I am asking. I have been working with a version of Acronis True image, and have successfully made a complete backup of my laptop hard drive, to a large external drive. I then proceeded to create an incremental task, that will append the prior backup.

What I want, is a shortcut link on my desktop, that will auto-launch that task, as I do not always keep the computer connected to my external drive, and therefore am not interested in doing in on an automatic schedule.. More like once a week, or more often if I do a bunch of work, I want to just double click an icon on the desktop, and kick off the incremental.

Does anyone know if this is possible with Acronis?

Or is there perhaps another backup program you might recommend that would accomplish this? I am using a trial version of Acronis, but will purchase if it looks like it will do what I am after..

Thanks

2. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

Welcome to the forum.

Its probably best if you tell us what version of ATI you are using and which build. Some versions of ATI have basic problems talking to USB harddisks.

To find out which build you are using if using ATI 2009 press the ALT key then Help menu.

Versions prior to this like ATI 11 , then use Help About and this should tell you which version you are using.

3. musiclover7

musiclover7 Registered Member

It is ATI version 10. I have searched through help, but have not found anything pointing to where the tasks/jobs are located, so that I might create a symbolic link on the desktop..

4. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

You have to use the "tib.tis"-files.

This may help:
    Click1

Click2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.