Acronis True Image Crash...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Exotic_BMale, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exotic_BMale

Exotic_BMale Registered Member

I installed Acronuis True Image 8, allocated 80 gig of a 200 gig HD to "The Secure Zone" and it stated it would take 4 hrs (w/ normal cmpression) to complete.
    Well, it took over 12 hrs and the program could not find the Secure Zone once completed and it used 160gig of HD space to backup 40gig of my main 200gig drive?(Both WD Enhanced Drives on a Enhanced IDE Card).
    So, I get the bright idea, (if I uninstall the program, mayyybeeee, I can regain my HD space), so, I uninstall True Image 8.0, checked my Device Mgr. (after rebooting of course) and the Acronis Device was no longer there..(Yeahhhh..right?)..nor was my 160gig of HD space?!!!!!! :(
    So, I decided to "RE"-Install the program and maybe it'll "FIND" the pre-allocated "Secure Zone" that it created?
    So, I re-installed the program, restarted the PC as directed and now, my PC can't find my (2) 200gig drives (Can't see the IDE card)!
    I've since upgraded my bios, to enable the PC to see the high capacity drives and Now Windows can't find "ntdlr" nor Ntdetect".?

Helppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!

2. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

Are you saying that you were using a 200GB drive without the proper 48-bit BIOS support? Did you forget to enable the proper OS support for 48-bit lba?

If yes to either of those questions, then you will experience data corruption.

3. Exotic_BMale

Exotic_BMale Registered Member

I'm using an Enhanced IDE Controller and have drivers installed. (Windows "saw" 182gig per drive intially (Using single partion on each).
    Now it only sees 132gig on the Secure zone drive?
    I've (since my last post) reinstalled Windows on another partition of that drive and am back up. I attemped reinstalling to Primary Drive (C) and will not repair.
    I'm using StyleXP (Desktop Enhancements) and The Recovery console only sees that as a menu item now? (Windows XP (Bootscreen)..doesn't see my intial installation of windows).

4. djmorgan

djmorgan Registered Member

Something is exotically wrong with this whole thing, firstly 12 hours to partition should not happen, even a clean wipe of a drive is minutes not hours.

Removing the parent program ATI was not clever as the os can't see the secure partition, that's one of its feature to prvent being written to acidently.

If you have not already reached this conclussion I'dm say you up for a complete reinstall of you os and then format the offending drive/partition back to NTFS o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.