Acronis True Image & BusyBox

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dougal, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dougal

Dougal Registered Member

I have used Acronis True Image 8 PE successfully in creating backup images for some time on a number of pc's. However, when trying to restore a saved image made of my Sony Vaio PCG-FX109 (using a CD Acronis boot disc) after the Acronis True Image loader I am confronted with a screen:
    Loading, please wait...
    Waiting for enter to start '/bin/sh' (pid 60. terminal /dev/tty1)
    Please press Enter to activate this console.
    BusyBox v0.60.5 (2005.02.02-17:59+0000) Built in shell (lash)
    Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

/ #

Nothing seems to allow me to proceed with the restore of my saved image.

Can anyone please advise me on what I should do. Thanks in anticipation

2. Dougal

Dougal Registered Member

Today I received a fix from Acronis for this particular problem and my thanks go to Petr Asalkhanov,

Many thanks for your help in this matter. The ISO image, copied onto a CD, now works perfectly as a boot disk and thus enables me to restore saved image files on this particular computer.

I really appreciate your rapid response.

3. UTin

UTin Registered Member

Dear Dougal,
    I am facing the identically the same problem when booting my IBM Netvista Desktop computer. Would appreciate much if you could help me how to fix it.
    thanks & regards
    UTin

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello All,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Dougal: I'm really glad to hear that now you can use Acronis software. We will certainly do our best in order to provide you with the good and reliable software in the future as well.

UTin: Please note that this issue most probably related to a specific hardware you use. Therefore, we need some additional information to investigate this issue thoroughly and to provide you with a possible workaround. Please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

But first of all, please make sure you use the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home and that Acronis True Image Bootable CD is created with the latest build. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If the issue persists with the latest build then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.