Acronis True-Image Boot CD with ServeRAID-8e SATA Support

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ehab, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ehab

ehab Registered Member

Hello,

I created a system image of my WindowsXP SP2 - Workstation with Acronis True-Image Workstation-Version 9 and Server-Version 8 without any problem. My Workstation has 2 SATA Harddisk's mirrored (RAID1) by a ServeRAID-8e Controller with one C: Partition. When I boot with one of the described True-Image CD's to restore the image to the same RAID-Drive True-Image show me the 2 Harddisk's as 2 separate Partition C: and D: and not only the logical Drive C:

I tried to restore the image to one of this offered partition, but this system wasn't bootable.

Is it possible to add this ServeRAID-8e driver to the Boot-CD's?

Regards
    Erich

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Erich,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that the most probable reason for the problem that you experience is poor support for the SATA\RAID controller installed in your computer.

First of all, please make sure that the Bootable Rescue CD you are using is created with the latest build (371:cool: of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation which is available for downloading in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

If the problem still persists with the Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (371:cool: of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation then please also try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If that does not help either then please do the following:

- Boot the computer from the Bootable Rescue CD created with the latest build (371:cool: of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation once more and create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

Note that sometimes the sysinfo.txt file is not readable under Windows. In this case please try entering the file name using capital letters (SYSINFO.TXT) or follow the instructions provided in this previous post of mine.

If you do not have a floppy drive then please take a look at this previous post of mine explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to a USB flash drive.

- Let us know the exact model of your SATA\RAID controller.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

P.S. Please also note that a possible workaround is to use Acronis True Image plug-in for BartPE allowing one to boot the computer into a Windows-like environment loading the appropriate drivers for any hardware devices installed in the computer at startup.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. Hirotada

Hirotada Registered Member

Hello,

I'm facing same problem.
    And I looked into more detail.

There are two types of IBM ServeRAID-8e. One is "ServeRAID-8e for Hot-Swap HDD" and the other is "ServeRAID-8e for Simple-Swap".
    The Linux driver for Hot-Swap version is adp94xx, but for Simple-Swap version is adpahci.

Also I checked TrueImage 9.1 Workstation Bootable Rescue CD. It includes adp94xx driver, but doesn't include adpahci driver.

So I guess TrueImage 9.1 can't handle IBM ServeRAID-8e for Simple-Swap correctly.

Is it possible to add adpahci driver into Bootable Rescue CD ?

Best Regards,
    Hirotada

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.