Acronis True Image - A Great Product!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by donwhit, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donwhit

donwhit Registered Member

Hi Tabvla!

Thought I would take a moment to thank you again for all the help that you gave me when I initially purchased this software some months back.

The product works great to say the least!. Have just used it again today to install a new WD Sata 500 Gig hardrive into my computer. Decided to trash the old hard drive that origninally crashed and caused me all the grief. Still doing complete disk back-ups weekly on my external USB drive as I have the room. Have not had a single problem using the bootable recovery disc that I made to accomplish this.

Living proof that a "newbie" can make it work and I have recommended the product to a number of associates.

Cheers!

:)

2. Meshuga

Meshuga Registered Member

donwhit, judging by the number of complaints I have found on these forums, especially about the difficulty in making the restore disc, and that includes myself, and also the inability to get it to recognise passwords, again including me, I think that you must be in the minority or extremely lucky.

3. Old Monk

Old Monk Registered Member

Hi

As has been said before, by it's very nature of being the support forum, the majority of posts will be of a 'help it doesn't work for me' nature or even severe criticsms. Having said that there does indeed seem to be a lot of complaints compared with other forums here.

Who knows though what the ratio of very happy through to unhappy is :doubt:

For me, Version 8 has worked without hiccup or hindrance so far, so I'm in the 'very happy' camp :thumb:

4. LenC

LenC Registered Member

I agree. Overall, it's been a great product - has given me the frredom to do certain things knowing I can undo mistakes with a quick restore. I've never taken the time to say this - I only post questions and problems. The problems have generally been a dumb mistake on my part :oops: - and the responses on this forum have been incredibly prompt and accurate :D

5. donwhit

I initially found the product to be somewhat difficult to digest not having ever used a backup program before which was very stupid on my part, to say the least. After my first hard drive failure in the 20 years or so I have been computing and after spending two - three weeks of searching files for installation keys, software to reload, etc., I made this purchase. I am retired, but have a small web design business. Losing literally thousands of graphics and other files associated with this business, was on the front end a small disaster.

Before contacting this forum for help, I took the time to read the manual and it answered most of my questions. I am not an avid forum participant, but after looking at a number of the questions that have been posted, I see that many of them could be answered had the individual spent the time that I did reading the manual.

When I did ask for help, I got it promptly. I found the response from Tabvla and others very helpful and thorough.

I also had no problem creating the bootable restore disc as I purchased the download version versus the boxed one that I understand has the disc. I simply followed the instructions in the manual. I have done two complete restores, one to the original disc that I re-formatted and one to a new sata hard drive that I just installed to replace the old one. I admit that I have "held my breath" wondering if it would work. It was perfect both times!

I find that forums such as this one can be very helpful to others if not used as a platform for venting ones anger and frustration.

Yes, I am a "happy camper". I also feel that if I have a problem that I cannot resolve, there are many on the forum that are willing to give me some constructive help.

In closing and not "preaching to the choir", my suggestion for those who have not taken the time to read the manual from cover to cover, read it! It certainly helped me!

Cheers,

Don

:)

6. donwhit

As another suggestion, I have found from others that keeping a clean and updated registry as well as doing a thorough defrag on a regular basis are keys to a thorough restore.

I purchased a couple of products for this purpose for under $ 100.00. Both are ranked at the top for this purpose.

If you are interested, check out PerfectDisc version 8.0 This product is used by many businesses as well as IT people that I know. It is superior to Norton which I also have and the defrag utility in Windows XP.

http://www.raxco.com

and

RegistryFix (registryfix.com) By comparison to Norton System Works WinDoctor, I have found that it is far superior and cleans up alot of registry problems that Norton does not.

I run both of these programs before I do a complete disc backup each week.

FYI

:D

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

struppi66

Your post has been relocated here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.