Acronis True Image 9 Question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jim31, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jim31

jim31 Registered Member

If my PC should ever fail to boot up, it's not clear how I would restore the system. Must I burn my backup image to one or more DVD disks and then attempt to boot from those disks?

TIA

Jim

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Either that or save your backup image on an usb external hard drive or even a second internal hard drive. In any case you must have the TI bootable rescue CD made beforehand. This will allow you to boot from the CD which will "see" the backup images you have on the DVDs or external hard drive.

3. jim31

jim31 Registered Member

Thank you for your reply.

When I attempt to create a bootable rescue Cd, Acronis tells me it can't find a floppy disk on my system. That's true, one of my network computers does not have a floppy - now what do I do?

Jim

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jim31,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that you should have a CD burner locally connected to your computer in order to create Bootable Rescue CD using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media Builder. Acronis True Image 9.0 does not allow you to burn bootable rescue CD over the network. You should use a blank unformatted CD-R or CD-RW in order to create a Bootable Rescue CD.

Please note that you can also create Bootable Rescue Media on a floppy diskettes or USB flash drive (it should be FAT32 formatted and recognized as a removable media). You can find more information on how to create Bootable Rescue Media in section 10.2 of Acronis True Image 9.0 User's Guide.

If you still can not create Bootable Rescue Media on any of the above listed types of media or have any doubts about the Bootable Rescue Media creation process then please provide us with the more detailed information on the problem:

- What operating system do you use?

- What build number of Acronis True Image 9.0 do you use?

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window;

- Do you have any third party CD\DVD recording software installed on your computer?

- What exact type of media did you use when tried to create Bootable Rescue Media?

- Have you received any error messages? What exact error messages? When exactly have you received them?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.