Acronis TRue Image 9.0 Integerity Check Failure

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lobby, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lobby

lobby Registered Member

Hi to you all!.

I recently bought and installed True Image 9.0. All seemed well when backing up images and/or file and folders until I do an integrity check and it fails stating the operation completed with errors.
    I have been saving my backup files to an external drive (western digital 160G), and it works fine so i'm sure it's not that.

I have yet to attempt to restore a file or folder to see if that process runs without problems, it might be that they restore fine, it is still a little concering that I'm receiving this error on the integrity check!.

Can anyone help ? has someone encountered this issue before?.

Thanks - any help much appreciated.

Regards
    Lobby:D

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Well you can always try to Restore a file or folder and see if it does indeed work. Keep a copy of the file or folder handy in case something goes wrong. Also you can always Restore to a "different" location if you don't want to risk tampering with the original location.

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Create a backup to another partition on your internal drive and see if it works. Are your running the latest build (3567 for TI9 Home)?

4. lobby

lobby Registered Member

Hi ,

I tried restoring a file and sure enough, the restore failed.
    The problem is, is the log view isn't very descriptive - it states a file is corrupted and gives an error code, as below:
    13(0x4000D) the file is corrupted.

How can I find out which file is corrupted.

BTW I'm running build 2,273, is there an update to this?

Thanks for your help.

Lobby:D :D

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Like I said above, the latest build is 3567 for TI9. There have been a large number of fixes since 2273! You are wasting your time pursuing this issue with 2273.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Lobby,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

First of all, please do as seekforever has suggested and install the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall build 2773 by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3567.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home then please provide us with the following information:

- Does Acronis True Image 9.0 Home create corrupt backups both from under Windows and when your computer is booted from Bootable Rescue CD?

- Try creating new images saving them to any other location(s), e.g. other internal, external or network drive(s). Verify these images both when the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home is running from under Windows and when your computer is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. Inform us about the results;

- Try moving\copying large files, e.g. disk\partition images themselves, between the hard drives and comparing their checksums calculated using eXpress CheckSum Calculator before and after the files were moved\copied. Let us know the results;

- Perform a memory test using the memtest86+ utility and inform us about the result.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.