Acronis true image 8

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by carlosmas, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carlosmas

carlosmas Registered Member

I have a problem , i just upgrade my motherboard and did a new backup about 3 weeks ago , lastnight I got a virus and had to restore my system but for some reason acronis wont see my HD's , I try to restore with F11 al boot and still wont , I dont think it has anything to do with my Sata HD's , I had Sata before and never had this problem.

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Download TI 10 Trial, make the rescue disk and use that to restore your image.

A golden rule of DR, is to always check you can restore (or at least access source and target) after changing any hardware.

F.

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

A friend ran into this on his new system just recently. Version 10 supports his SATA drives, so that was his solution. As Foghorne suggested, it will most likely be your solution also.

4. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

If your last image was with you old motherboard and then you upgraded to a different motherboard, therein lies the problem. That constitutes a different system. That's like trying to restore an image created on one PC onto another (different) PC... I don't believe it can be done without a corporate version of ATI with Universal Restore (and even then, it's 'iffy'). :doubt:

5. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

I think that is a different problem - that may or may not be waiting around the corner, but as I understand it, he is not saying that the new restoration is having problems booting up - he is saying that ATI cannot access his disk in order to do the restoration. SATA support was not fully ironed out until v9 b3677 so I would anticipate problems with V8 and SATA.

F.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello carlosmas,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If updating doesn't solve the problem, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Note that as you use an older version of Acronis True Image you should press F11 button when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears and not when the selection screen appears.

If the issue persists, we recommend you to do as foghorne suggested and download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home to see how the software works on your computer. With the trial version of the product you will be able to fully use the windows version for a period of 15 days. The standalone version (bootable media) will have only restore function available.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 10.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

7. BobCrabtree

BobCrabtree Registered Member

Marat,

Just spotted this thread.

I noted the comment about registering V8 because I had just tried to do that with my V8 (Build 771), so that I could get the latest build.

Unfortunately, my attempt failed and I received this message:
    [I've deleted the serial number from the message for obvious reasons!]

Products Registration

Please check the following:

* +++++++++Deleted by Bob C++++ — Serial number is valid but cannot be registered at this moment. Please contact Acronis Customer Service for assistance.​

The only thing I can think might be the case is that I might have registered this copy a long time ago using a different (but now dead) email address and, thus, the program couldn't be registered a second time.

Your advice would be much appreciated.

Oh, and far from incidentally, is there any reason why build 771 or the latest build might not work with a 750GB Seagate drive connected by USB (or, indeed, FireWire)?

Apologies for this largely being a duplicate of an original posting (https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=176376) I made in this forum a little earlier.

TIA

Bob Crabtree
    HEXUS.net

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello BobCrabtree,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please see my answer in the other thread you created.
    As for the issue with registration, please submit a support request about it using this form. Please include the serial number to your request, as well as the following information (if possible):
    - Order number;
    - E-mail, which you used to make a purchase;
    - Where did you purchase our product;
    - a scan/photo of your invoice or receipt.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.