Acronis True Image 8 build 800

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TomD, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomD

TomD Guest

When I boot from the rescue CD, I get the following message after the Loading...

hdg bad access block=8 count=8
    Error reading superblock

this is all I can see before the True Image screen comes up.

However, when I try booting with TrueImage 7 build 638, I do not get any messages.

TomD

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TomD,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

This message appears during the boot process of almost every Unix system (modern versions) when you use some particular hardware. If it doesn't affect the functionality you may ignore it.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Last edited: Apr 1, 2005
  3. TomD

TomD Guest

Irina,

I am using a Windows system(WinXP Pro) not a Unix system. In any case, if the messages are going to appear should they also appear when I boot from True Image 7 rescue CD? I am not comfortable imaging my drive when there are error messages being displayed, ever though you say it's ok the ignore them.

TomD

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

When you boot from the recovery CD, you are actually booting a version of Unix. That's the operating system used by Acronis for the recovery disk. The specific version changes with time accounting for different messages on booting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.