Acronis True Image 8.0 Error # 1722

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by PDEmery, Aug 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PDEmery

PDEmery Registered Member

I use Acronis True Image 8.0. For some reason, when I went to back up my hard drive today I received an error message that read:

E00640068: Failed to create the schedule task-- "the RPC server is unavailable"

I have no idea what this means. I have another backup program that I tried to use in which, when I selected the drive to which I wanted to back up my programs, I received a similar error message telling me that I must select a backup drive. I had done so but for some reason the program did not recognize the drive. The drive is active in working properly.

Can anyone shed some light on with the above error means?

Thanks for any advice you can give

Dave Emery :(

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello PDEmery,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please download the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product.

If the problem remains please make sure that Acronis Scheduler 2 Service (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services) Startup type is set to Automatic in Properties. If it is not so, please make it so and then reboot your computer.

If the above doesn't help please run the schedhlp.exe and schedul2.exe (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2) manually in Windows Task Manager (File -> New Task) or do the following:

- Download the http://www.acronis.com/files/support/schedmgr.exe file;
    - Start the Command Prompt from Start -> Programs -> Accessories menu;
    - Run the following command in the folder you saved the file to:

schedmgr.exe service start

Please contact us again if the problem remains.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. The described procedure with schedmgr does not work on my computer. When I enter "schedmgr.exe service start" at the command prompt, I get:
    Error: 1058 <0x422> - Der angegebene Dienst kann nicht gestartet werden. Er ist deaktiviert oder nicht mit aktivierten Geräten verbunden".

Thanks for you rhelp - I'm stuck with True Image.
    Best Regards
    Marian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.