Acronis True Image 2012

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by djg05, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

I have been playing around with ATI 2012 and noticed that they have increased the space and displaying of comments you make on the image.

I was trying various installations with it because I was having problems with it and making trial images. I kept re-installing my base image and installing ATI again. What I found was that after a new installation I could not see the comments I had made on the images I had made. In ver 9 the comments could always be read but it seems not so with the 2012 version. I am wondering if that they are now not keeping the comments with the image, so that it you restore the image in which ATI is installed the comments are gone.

Can anyone confirm this please.

2. napoleon1815

napoleon1815 Registered Member

Hmmm...sounds like something I would post at the Acronis forum. I have never heard or seen of that...unless someone else on here knows. Keep us posted!

3. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Yes - I may do that out of interest, but it has so many annoyances, the worse being that it slows down the boot process by 3 or 4 minutes, that I have lost interest in upgrading to it.

4. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Don't know anything about the comment part but I can say that if it is slowing your boot by 3 to 4 minutes something is not right. I am not having that kind of slowdown on 2 different machines.

5. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

I will have to have another look.

6. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Tried it again on my baseline image without f/w Hips installed and it is ok on the reload. Guess there is some conflict there - maybe on file enumeration. But not really bothered on moving forward on this as it does not suit me.

It would appear that comments save with images are not contained within the image but in some sort of log. If you uninstall the program the re-install all of the comments are lost. So I have lost interest in this one.

7. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Good the hear you identified a conflict. It may be helpful for someone else down the road. Too bad the notes is an issue. Not a deal breaker for me. I hope you find something you like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.