Acronis True Image 11 Recovery Disk Error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bspencer, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bspencer

bspencer Registered Member

Hello, recently my computer went down, would no longer boot up. I placed my Acronis Recovery disk in the drive and it will not boot the machine, some sort of linux kernal issue? Has anyone had any luck reaching customer service, they have yet to get back to me. Unfortunately since the disk does not work I have no way of loading the software onto my new machine to access my back up data.
    Brent

2. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

Just a suggestion,,,,,if you have access to a 2nd PC with ATI on it (or you can load ATI onto it) you should be able to make a new rescue disk that will (hopefully) work on the PC that has the problem. As long as you are using the same OS and the same version of ATI I believe this should/could work.

3. bspencer

I wish I could unfortunately my only copies of ATI are on the back up disk (within the back up - external hard drive) and the old machine.

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

1. What happened when you tested the TI Rescue CD previously on this machine? Did it boot successfully?

2. Have you read the "Before you post" sticky at the top of the forum and tried the things there to make the CD boot your system?

3. Have you tried the CD on another system to confirm that it does boot properly on some hardware?

4. What build of TI 11 was used to create this rescue CD? Was it 8101, the last TI 11 build.

If the problem is that your hardware is not supported by the Linux environment of your rescue CD, there are a couple of options.

a. Install the TI 2009 Trial on a different computer and make the rescue CD. That newer CD may boot your system, and it will restore backups from previous versions of TI.

b. Create a BartPE or VistaPE boot disk with the TI plug-in. This uses Windows drivers to boot the system and may support your hardware properly.

5. bspencer

Like an idiot I read the before you post after I did. I tried downloading the trial TI 2009 but the disk it created would not work. I then PM'd a tech and was given the latest ISO file, which worked like a charm.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.