Acronis True Image 11 Home installation failed

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by FredricJLowe, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FredricJLowe

FredricJLowe Registered Member

Just purchased Acronis True Image 11 Home edition. Was sent a download link. Running Windows Vista Premium Home edition on new Dell XPS 420 quad core processor. Have Windows Defender, Webroot Spysweeper with Anti Virus, Spybot Search and Destroy running. When I attempt to install after putting in the serial number the blue bar progresses and then retracts itself and indicates there is a problem with the installation and to attempt again. After several attempts, I finally went to Acronis website to register and it said it is a valid serial number but to contact support immediately. I haven't heard back from them. Could the reason they said to contact support immediately is that this is an illegal copy even though they said the serial number is valid? I went to Acronis website and did not see the vendor, Soft4Download as one that was selling illegal copies

Does anyone have a clue as to what is occurring and how to get this to install?

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

"Have Windows Defender, Webroot Spysweeper with Anti Virus, Spybot Search and Destroy running."

I'd start with the A/V. Shut it off. Clear all your temp files and try again.

3. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello FredricJLowe,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Meanwhile, please make sure you use the latest build (8101) of Acronis True Image 11 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please also try clearing Windows temporarily files folder before installation.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Launch the product installation file;
    - Once the Acronis product installation screen appears, right-click on the name of the component that fails to install. You should see two options there: Install and Extract. Select Extract;
    - Select the path for extracting the component and click Save;
    - Go to the Run prompt (Start -> Run) and issue the following command: msiexec /i msi-filepath /l*v log-filepath, where msi-filepath is the full path (including the file name) to the file you extracted in steps 2-3 and log-filepath is the full path (also including the file name) to the log file you want to save the output to. For example, msiexec /i D:\AcronisFolder\AcronisTrueImage.msi /l*v c:\log-name.log

Reproduce the problem and collect the log file created during the installation.

Please also create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then send the collected files with a reply to the message with Acronis request number you received.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

The Windows Temp files that Marat is referring to are located at;

C:\Documents and Settings\your_user_name\Local Settings\Temp.

Colin

6. Shankle

Shankle Registered Member

You could get CCleaner to clear the temp, history, cookies, index.dat
    and other unnecessary files. It is a free program and it is excellent.
    Also you could get Esets Smart Security. I don't think the ones you have are the best. I've been using The Eset package for years trouble free.
    I have Acronis TI on two computers running Windows Vista and XP Pro with NO problems.
    Getting Registry Mechanic from PC Tools is also
    a good idea. (About $30)
    Good Luck

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.