Acronis True Image 11 at Best Buy

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Keith Weisshar, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keith Weisshar

Keith Weisshar Registered Member

Best Buy is now selling Acronis True Image 11 for $39.99. Is it worth the money to buy the retail box with a bootable installation CD? I have previously purchased ATI 9 on 10/13/06 including free ATI 10 upgrade on 10/18/06 and then purchased ATI 11 upgrade on 9/18/07. All purchased versions are download only. What build does the ATI 11 retail box include?

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Most likely it will not be the latest build.

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

You're going to want to download the latest version once you have your serial number, so there's no particular advantage to buying on CD rather than download. Let price by your guide-- serach for rebates before buying; there's almost always one you can use at one store or another it can be the best price, whether download or disk.

Also consider this legit dealer for a good price:

http://www.ugr.com/TrueImage.html

4. pluskey

pluskey Registered Member

I just received 3 copies of TI home 11 purchased from NewEgg ( www.newegg.com) for $19.95 each with free shipping. This is the full retail version, not the download or upgrade version. I have seen NewEgg have sales on Acronis products periodically. I also got Disk Director 10 some time ago on sale cheaper than the upgrade. I don't know if there is a special relationship between NewEgg and Acronis, but when they have an Acronis sale, you can't beat their prices.

5. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Me too, but the price was $19.99, and the price was good for only a few hours.
    The same day, price was raised to $24.99. then a day or so later to $39.99.

Newegg told me that they make such price changes "randomly".
    So, if you see a deal grab it.

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

You'll see these kinds of special prices, for ATI and other products, wander from store to store. This week at newegg; next week at Frye's/Outpost, then at buy.com. The bargains are out there, even if you value your time very highly aned don't like to search for them, they sometimes almost fall into your lap.

If your time isn't very valuable and you don't mind waiting for your money, then the money-back deals, where the purchase price is less than the rebate(s), are the nicest ones. For example, last week you could buy Kaspersky Internet Suite from Amazon and end up with $4.68 more than when you started, after deducting for postage to mail in the rebate.

7. Ray Clare

Ray Clare Registered Member

I think you said you already had the latest version upgrade by downloading. There really is nothing to be gained by buying a retail CD. Just make a copy of your download on a CD and after you install, make a recovery CD. Total cost of CD's about $0.50 or less. That's what's in the box.

Don't forget to register your versions so you can get the latest builds for free.

Have fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.