Acronis True Image 10 warning icon

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by asker24, Oct 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asker24

asker24 Registered Member

I back up my system every night, using True Image but, since I downloaded the new version, the backup log shows a warning icon beside the record of each backup. A yellow triangle with an exclamation mark. The log says the task was completed successfully. Should I worry? What does the triangle mean?

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

In the log does it state that the priority was changed? On earlier versions this would cause the warning to appear even though it is of no cause for concern. If this is the case and your priority is not set to Normal, try setting it to Normal.

FWIW

3. asker24

Thank you for that. I checked the priority and, somewhere along the way, it had been set to low. I have changed it to normal and I will see what happens tomorrow night.

4. jofitzpa3

jofitzpa3 Registered Member

I am new to ATI. I am having a similar issue with V10. I am getting the yellow triangle and the error red X dot when I do a differential backup. Please see the attachment. I need to know what steps I do to change the priority to normal. Please tell me where I can find an explanation of the error codes.

Attached Files:

5. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Don’t have version 10 ($30 is too much) but the priority is set in two places. The general options and you can set it for scheduled task when you set them up. IIRC, if you have the default set to MED and then set up a task with the priority set to LOW, that message is generated.
    Do you have anything checked in the Pre/Post command option? It looks like TI might be expecting a user supplied command that is not present.

6. jofitzpa3

jofitzpa3 Registered Member

Thank you for the reply. I have recreated a differential backup using the default set to MED. I am not sure where to set the priority to low. I have ran the backup. I am still getting an error but the warning about changing to low prioity is gone. I am including 3 screenshots for you to look at. What is IIRC?

Attached Files:

7. TheWeaz

Version 9 – Tools, Options, Default Backup Options, Backup Priority
    The Pre/Post commands option is also there.

When you set up the task, choose “Set the options manually” and check the Pre/Post section. Mine is set to “Use commands”, but I don’t have anything entered there.

8. TheWeaz

I think what’s supposed to happen is this:
    If you have commands that you want to ALWAYS run, you put them in the default section and then check the option to “Use commands set by default” when setting up a task. All well and good.
    If you then want to set up a task and use different commands, you set up the task and select ”Use commands” and enter what you want. Again, all well and good.
    However, there seems to be no option for “Hell no, I don’t want to run ANY commands”. Therefore, you must select the "Use commands” option and leave the fields blank.

9. asker24

I just created a backup using "set the options manually" and the warning notice went away. Setting the priority to "Normal" from "Low" in Backup Options did not make any difference.

10. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

If I ReCall.

Colin

11. TheWeaz

Or … If I Recall Correctly

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jofitzpa3,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that according to the screen shot you have attached you use pre/post command option of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home with the incorrect command: "*before-process". Please remove this command from Tools -> Options -> Default Backup -> Pre/Post commands and try to create backup once again. Please take a look at Chapter 5.3.3 "Pre/post commands" of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home User's Guide for more detailed instructions on how to use pre/post command in Acronis True Image 10.0 Home.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.