Acronis True Image 10 IE Script Error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Laverne, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laverne

Laverne Registered Member

Hi, After creating an image using TI 10 with no problem in the creation, when I try to open the partition or any folder or any file, I get recurring notices which say this:
    Internet Explorer Script Error, Line 355, Char 13, Error Permission denied, Code 0, URL file://C\Winnt\Web\default.htt - Then the question: do you want to continue running scripts on this page.

I can eventually get to the data -- but only after clicking off this screen about 10 times. Please help. what is the problem. I am running Windows 2000 Pro, Dell Dimension 4100.

Thank you,
    Laverne

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Laverne,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Could you please clarify, does the problem appear when you try to open any file or folder anywhere on your computer (i.e., internal drives, external drives, cd media, flash drives, network shares)?

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. Laverne

Laverne Registered Member

Hi Marat,

I do have the latest build installed for my Acronis Version 10. Somehow, I stumbled upon the solution to my problem and was just about to post it when I received your reply. To answer your question, the only files I get the script error on are the tib files (image files created by Acronis 10) and those which display after clicking on the tib file names. All other files open fine by clicking on them.

The solution: If you are running Windows 2000 and get script errors when reading Acronis-created tib files, here is what to do. You must go to Folder Options and change the Web View option from "Enable Web content in folders" to "Use Windows classic folders" -- else you will get a script error when trying to read tib files. After that, proceed to read the tib files by successively clicking on the file names displayed.

I deduced this solution by reading the information at this site:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc302292.aspx

The "Web view" for folders is not readily available in WinXP, so this problem would not occur in that Operating System.

I hope this is of help to someone else.
    Thanks for your reply.
    Laverne

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Laverne,

Thank you for sharing the solution. It's always much appreciated. We are glad to hear that your issue has been solved and you can use Acronis True Image successfully.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.