Acronis True Image 10 error when searching files??

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pcumming, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcumming

pcumming Registered Member

Did a Windows XP search via Explore (right click on Start and Explore).
    A dialog box popped up asking for a password. It did not have a message title indicating it was Acronis, but I figured it was.
    I correctly entered my password.

It did not accept the password. And I know it is the correct one as I have used it for about 3 years with various versions 8,9 and 10 of TI Home Edition under Windows XP.

When looking in Event Viewer, I found this message:
    The description for Event ID ( 21 ) in Source ( Acronis Test Program ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Invalid password. (0x350015)
    token = 0
    Tag = 0x4BE3DE63F38B6863.

**Apparently something may be a bit wrong - perhaps a small bug that needs to be fixed. In version 9 and 8 (10 does not work the same way), if I clicked on a *.tib file, it would launch Acronis, it not longer does this and does not allow a file to be restored in this manner.

Am more concerned about the Windows Explore search feature, password dialog box and failure to launch Acronis on its own.

Thank you very much
    Peter

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pcumming,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please clarify if the dialog box popped up when you right-click on the Acronis True Image backup archive file and choose one of the following from the context menu: open, explore, recover, mount?

Please also note that there is an issue with password protection in Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. The issue is that some users prompt to type the password to explore the backup archive even if the password was not set up during the backup creation. We have already been forwarded this issue to our Development Team. This issue exists with Explore Backup Archive tool of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home only.

As for the message in Windows Event Viewer, please note that we have already received similar requests from other Acronis customers and they have already been forwarded to our Development Team. The fix for this issue will be included in one of the next builds of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. pcumming

pcumming Registered Member

Yes dialog box popped up asking for a password. But I did create the image with a password.

As for the program firing up Acronis so I can explore the archive lie it did in version 9, Version 10 does not seem to do this at all. So all in all I need to start Acronis to restore a file as opposed to just clicking on the TIB file. But that is fine with me.

Peter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.