Acronis True Image 10.0 Home

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Nikilet, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikilet

Nikilet Registered Member

BitDefender tells me that Acronis is not compatible and I should uninstall it. I told them I would look for a new security suite before I did that.

I do not perform scheduled backups with Acronis. I manually start a backup when it is convenient for me and I feel my system is running well.

That being the case, would I have to have Acronis run at start up? There are two items that run at start up, Acronis Timounter Monitor and Acronis Scheduler 2 Service. Could I disable them without causing any problems in the program?

I thought if Acronis could cause problems with BitDefender if I start it manually when I want to do a backup that might help.

I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks,
    Nikilet

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

think if your Security software is incompatible with any of your other programs, you should ditch the Security software. There are lots of brands to choose from, no need to have one that doesn't play well with the rest of your kids.

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Look down this page and find "Why run the TI services" links under "Wilders Security threads on common True Image problems and solutions.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=29880

4. Nikilet

I couldn't agree with your more, but I'm becoming program BROKE! My AVG subscription is still active (ended up having to do a reinstall after that fiasco with their new 8.0 version) and I have nearly 300 days to go on this BitDefender. Am looking for a solution to get me through and that is why I posted. You never did say if it would be ok to disable the start up programs I listed.

Thanks,
    Nikilet

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Nikilet,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Timountermonitor.exe process monitors the amount of free space available for the mounted image modification. In other words, it is responsible for not allowing user to add to the mounted image archive an amount of information (files and folders) larger than the free space available on the hard drive (logical drive) this particular image resides on. When timountermonitor.exe is disabled\turned off an error might occur in case of adding the amount of information larger than the free space left of the hard drive. If you are sure that you will stay within the limits of the hard drive's capacity then please feel free to disable this process.

Schedul2.exe is the Acronis scheduling service. This service is started on the computer startup and remains active until the computer is turned off. It is used by Acronis software to start scheduled tasks. Note that Acronis True Image always schedule backup and restore tasks, even if you start the "Image creation" operation. Thus if you stop Acronis scheduling service, you will lose the ability to back up and restore in Windows.

You can find more details under "Why run the TI services" topic at the link seekforever pointed to.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. Nikilet

Well now I'm really confused. I had written to Acronis tech support and received an answer from them that it was ok to disable these 2 items. I have gone ahead and enabled that Shedule2.exe. However, does the fact that I have had it disabled for a while mean that now if I tried to do a backup I'd run into a problem? Please let me know on this and if so, what can I do about it?

Thanks,
    Nikilet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.