Acronis Trial - no drives found w/RAIDCORE

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by danb2, Jun 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danb2

danb2 Registered Member

I have just installed the latest Trial of True Image Entrprise Server. I am using a RAIDCORE controller (with the latest drivers) running on Windows Server 2003 Standard.

I am getting the error message "E000101F4: Acronis True Image Enterprise Server has not found any hard disk drives."

The system configuration seems to be fine and R-Drive has been working ok and seeing the drives without a problem.

Dan

2. danb2

danb2 Registered Member

No response yet from Support. Do I have the correct forum for Support?

3. VolkerNadolski

VolkerNadolski Registered Member

Hi,

are you using the recovery disc or acronis from within the windows installation? Normally the windows version uses the windows drivers and so i never had the problem of "non existing" drives....

If you are using the windows version: can you provide us with a snap of your device-manager?

Volker

4. danb2

danb2 Registered Member

Thank you for the reply Volker.

I am simply using the Windows Application. Though I certainly will love to know how to intergate or use the RAIDCORE drivers with the boot CD once this is all worked out.

Image is attached.

Attached Files:

5. VolkerNadolski

VolkerNadolski Registered Member

WOW I have never seen such a behaviour....all system drivers are installed and everything looks fine....True Image SHOULD see the drives....

Sorry, but in this case (I don't have your MB for example) the Acronis Support should take a look at your problem...

Have you tried the BartPE Plugin yet?

Volker

6. danb2

danb2 Registered Member

I figured it was an odd problem if RAIDCORE is supported. I haven't tried BartPE yet.. but I was looking forward to trying it out if the Windows app was working.

Does Acronis Support monitor the forum and respond? Should I wait for Acronis to reply to my problem?

Thanks for trying to help me out though!

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello danb2,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

In order to solve the issue with Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server in Windows please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the issue still persists.

If the issue persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please also note that Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server fully supports RAID configurations (including RAID 0,1,5, etc.) even while booted from Bootable Rescue media.

If Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server is running in rescue mode (e.g. to restore the system partition), then it provides support for all hardware RAID controllers. Should you experience a problem with your RAID controller when accessing from rescue mode, please provide us with the exact vendor and model of the RAID controller you use and submit a request for technical support. We will help you solve the issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

8. danb2

danb2 Registered Member

I installed the Acronis drivers (logging disabled) and it worked. Thanks!

Though I decided to try True Image on another box with the same hardware and it see's the drives fine. Very strange.

Thanks again.

Dan

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello danb2,

Please note that this may be in case that during the installation of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server some software prevents Acronis drivers from installing properly.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.