Acronis TIW 9.1 + BartPE + Intel raid (ICH9R/iaStor) failure

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wbierman, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wbierman

wbierman Registered Member

Greetings.

I have two raid arrays defined on my ASUS P5K Deluxe mobo (which uses Intel's ICH9R/iaStor raid chipset).

I have created a BartPE disc by using a slipstreamed XP Pro SP3 disc. I have slipstreamed, among other irrelevant items, the iaStor drivers.

When BartPE boots, the A43 File Manager sees the different drives. However, when I start Acronis, it reports "E000101F4: Acronis True Image Workstation has not found any hard disk drives". It apparantely doesn't even see the drive that I have that is not part of a raid array!

I have seen similar posts, though not identical, and no solution on any of them seems to apply to my situation.

If it matters, the two arrays are both RAID5, one is 2047.9Gb in size, the other is 1119.93Gb in size.

Many thanks to anyone who can offer some insight here.

2. FBMachines

FBMachines Registered Member

I had this issue before and I believe my resolution was updating the SnapAPI drivers. You can get the latest version by use Support's Live Chat, describe the issue and ask for the latest SnapAPI drivers for your version of program.

Are you using the supplied BartPE plugin or a 3rd party one (Mustang's)? I'm not sure if the supplied plugin is automatically updated when you update your SnapAPI drivers, so you may need to manually update snapapi.dll (C:\Windows\System32) and snapman.sys (C:\Windows\System32\Drivers) within the plugin. Mustang's plugin gathers the files from your system so this will include the current files when rebuilt. After you rebuild the plugin, rebuild the BartPE disc.

Hopefully this will resolve Acronis not finding any HD's.

3. Pmivp

Pmivp Registered Member

4. FBMachines

wbierman,

Can Acronis TI see the drives within the Windows enviroment?

5. FBMachines

I've use a SP3 XP Pro source without any issues but I may be in the minority. Also, I use Mustang's plugin not the one supplied with ATI WS. That may also be a factor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.