Acronis TI8 and SATA compatibility issue

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wayne_b, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayne_b

wayne_b Registered Member

TI version 8 build 791
    Windows 2000 PRO w/sp4

I never had much of an issue until I installed SATA as RAID-1 (not as my primary drive for the operating system)

Starting my weekly drive image (non-SATA/RAID drive), TI8 locked to the point I had to use task manager to end the program, I un-install Acronis then restarted my system, cleaned all leftovers of TI8.

Re-installed TI8, install went normal until I created a schedule and executed it, same issue again. The issue arrives when starting TI8 and then it starts to scan the drives then hangs when it gets to my SATA drive. When Acronis TI8 is installed, these log-files below are daily (or hourly) occurrence.

Event Viewer:
    RAID log-file:
    when TI8 is not installed, everything is normal and my RAID no longer goes into “Build/Verify” routine (if TI8 is installed, “Build/Verify” accures every boot)

I've done a clean install, no help, it appears to be a driver conflict between Acronis TI and my Adaptec SATA card.

-wayne

Last edited: Feb 3, 2005
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello wayne_b,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please tell the full model name of your SATA controller? I can also recommend that you update the drivers for this controller and try using Acronis True Image once again. Please note that Acronis True Image uses Windows drivers when launched under Windows so there cannot be any incompatibility.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. wayne_b

"Could you please tell the full model name of your SATA controller?"
    Adaptec 1210SA

In the device manager, when I speak of driver conflict, I am refering to the image below.

EDITED: The driver conflict was only a guess on my part?

-wayne

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2005
  4. Acronis Support

Hello wayne_b,

This problem is unlikely to be driver conflict. Could you please send Acronis Report and link to this thread to support@acronis.com and indicate in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Ilya Toytman. I will try to help you to fix the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. wayne_b

Thanks,

I sent a report generated with AcronisReport.exe as requested by support.

Just installing TI8 and not running it throws the RAID in Build/Verify

-wayne

Attached Files:

• BV.gif
      BV.gif
      File size:
      5.1 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2005
  6. Acronis Support

Hello wayne_b,

Thank you for the information. I have sent a reply to you. Since now we will investigate the problem via e-mail.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. pauwelyn

pauwelyn Registered Member

I have noticed the same behavior. Any solutions yet ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.