Acronis TI Server - How to Image over Local Network?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lji, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lji

lji Registered Member

I'm a new user and have found Acronis to be a very powerful and easy to use tool for local images.

What I haven't been able to figure out is how I can create an image of my other computers over my small home network?

Using TI version 8.0 for Windows, but can't find an option whereby a network drive gets recognized during the create image prompt?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, since carrying the portable HDD around the house is getting old.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. lji

lji Registered Member

Enterprise is likely over-kill for what I'm trying to do. Even so I've heard that small netwrok users weren't able to FIND network computers, from the HOST that were in a WORKGROUP?

I'm guessing all remote computers will require an ADMIN account, and a DOMAIN setup in order for the s/w to find the remote stations, and run the various installs, back-ups and the like?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello lji,

Please be aware that in order to make or restore a backup using of Acronis True Image you need to have 'Backup' and 'Restore' privileges (Backup Operator Rights) in the local system.

Please be aware that in order for Acronis True Image to work correctly the logged in user should have "Backup operator" permission. Please make sure that the user has this permission.

We recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation or free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server (depending on operating systems you use) to see how the software works on your computer. With the trial version of the product you will be able to fully use the windows version for a period of 15 days and manage up to 5 remote computers. The standalone version (bootable media) will have only restore function available.

Please submit a request to Acronis Support if you want to receive a trial version of Acronis Universal Restore as well.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 9.1 in the respective User's Guide.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product. Note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase. In case you are planning to purchase many copies, please contact our Sales Team by filling up the Volume License Request form available at the Purchase Acronis Corporate Solutions page of Acronis web site.

Please note that according to Acronis License Policy you need to purchase one copy of the product for every computer it will be used to manage.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.