Acronis TI "Secure Zone" Image Creation?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Birdman, Oct 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

Acronis TI v8.0 (build 937)

My HDD currently has a C:/ drive and a D:/ (recovery) partition. If I wanted to create an image to be saved in Acronis Secure Zone, should I check BOTH the C: + the D: drives.....OR should I create a seperate image of eacho_O

In addition, if I need to restore an image in the future.....do I only need to restore the C:/ drive or BOTH (only applies if seperate images were created)o_O

I'm confused about this. Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Birdman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We recommend you to create the image of the entire drive. That's the only way to be sure that you will have a bootable drive after you restore it. Only when you image the entire drive (all partitions in one image) is the MBR included in the image.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. Birdman

Thanks 4 your quick reply Irina! So I should tick BOTH the C: and the D: drive partitions when creating a new Image, right?

Also is there a way to DELETE current image(s) that are stored in the SECURE ZONE.....or is that only done by over-writing?

Thanks.

4. Acronis Support

Hello Birdman,

Yes you are right, you should select both the C: partition and the D: partition.

The images saved to Acronis Secure Zone are deleted automatically if required. Acronis True Image use the following scheme to clean up Acronis Secure Zone:

If there is not enough free space in Acronis Secure Zone to create a backup (either full or incremental), then Acronis True Image deletes the oldest full backup with all subsequent incremental backups.

If there is only one full backup (with subsequent incremental backups) left and full backup is in progress, then this only full backup (with subsequent incremental backup images) is deleted.

Otherwise (only one full backup left, and incremental backup is in progress) you will get out of space error. In this case you will have to either create full backup or increase the Acronis Secure Zone size.

You can always check how much free space left in Acronis Secure Zone on the second page of the Manage Acronis Secure Zone wizard.

If you have any other questions or encounter any problems please feel free to contact us again. We will certainly try to help you.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. Birdman

Wow, thanks for all your help Irina!

Just wondering, but let's say that I create an image and store it in the "Secure Zone".....and I make modifications to my system a day or two later (ie install a few new applications, update Windows + delete 3-4 programs that I no longer need, cleaned registry + defragmented drive).

Now the next time I want to create an image....should I create a NEW, FULL image (since I made many changes since last saved image) OR do I just make a "incremental" imageo_O

Also is is "safe" to upgrade to the latest 9.0 version of ATI? I've heard that it's pretty buggy and I don't want to upgrade until it is stable. My OS is WinXP Home (sp2). Thanks once again. :cool:

6. Acronis Support

Hello Birdman,

Please note that the incremental image contains only the data changes made since the last full or incremental image has been created. Thus incremental images are smaller and quicker to create. You can find more information on incremental images in section 1.3 of Acronis True Image 8.0 User's Guide.

Most people prefer to create one full image once a week and corresponding incremental images daily or one full image monthly and incremental images weekly, etc.

As for upgrading to the version 9.0, I recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 to see how the software works on your computer. If you will be satisfied with the work of the trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please visit Acronis online store to purchase the Upgrade.

Please also note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase.

In case you are planning to purchase many copies, please contact our Sales Team at sales@acronis.com.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

7. Birdman

Thanks for your reply Alexey.

Do I have to uninstall v8 before upgrading to v9 or is it alright to just install the newer version over the old one?

Thanks.

8. redbull21

redbull21 Registered Member

That´s a question I´m interested, too!

Regards

9. redbull21

redbull21 Registered Member

Hi,

really no answer possible?

Upgrading is not necessarily comparable with updating.
    Might be, a complete new installation could prevent some of the problems with TI 9.0 ??!!

Regards
    Redbull21

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.