Acronis TI Home 2009 Cannot Backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by longbelly, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. longbelly

longbelly Registered Member

This is becoming a regular thing - trouble installing the software and creating a rescue disc and now I cannot create a backup.

I have the latest build of Acronis on a Vista PC and a Buffalo External 500GB HDD reformatted to NTFS

Whenever I try and create a backup I get the following error message "Failed to execute - error 1364 - A specified authentication package is unknown (0.FFF0)"

I've already had to dig in my BIOS, don't tell me I now have to dig in the registry - never dared to do that!!?

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Since True Image is known to be very picky when it comes to hardware, I would do a chkdsk /r on the drive and maybe also a memory check. The consensus here is that you might have to run the memory check, using memtest, overnight for any errors to show up.

Don't know what else to suggest. Are you trying that backup from within Windows or from the Rescue CD?

3. longbelly

I have been backing up from the Acronis Windows installation

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

In that case, try it from the bootable CD.

5. longbelly

I have now grasped the nettle, taken the bull by the horns and entered the unknown realm of the registry - carried out an edit as per the link below - and I can now create backups without a problem. Acronis is now back in my good books!!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/887493

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello longbelly and DwnNdrty,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

longbelly, to resolve the issue please re-start Acronis scheduler, it appears that the scheduler service has been installed improperly.

- Download a special Acronis utility;
    - Start the Command Prompt from Start -> Programs -> Accessories menu;
    - Run the following commands in the folder you saved the file to:

schedmgr task zap
    schedmgr service stop
    schedmgr service uninstall
    schedmgr service install
    schedmgr service start

This should delete all Acronis tasks on the PC. You should manage your tasks from the scratch. Execute a backup operation and see if the issue remains.

If the issue persists, please download Acronis Scheduler, which is a special utility to update the scheduler service. The link is available here

Extract the downloaded file, run install.bat and wait for the process to be completed. The utility will automatically update the service. Reboot the computer and re-create the task. The issue should be resolved.

Please let us know the results.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

7. longbelly

Thank you but does this mean I should not have edited the registry (as reported in my last post).At a loss to know what to do, I raised a websupport case with Acronis Support and that is what they told me to do - ie: edit the registry. I thought that had solved the problem?

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  8. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If it's working now, I'd leave it at that and be glad a single registry entry did the trick. the kin doferror message you had points toward the registry fix anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.