Acronis TI 9 vs. 10

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sarutaro, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarutaro

sarutaro Registered Member

Sep 26, 2005
    Before upgrading to ATI 10, I wish to learn what is good about ATI 10 over ATI 9.0. Since I am not going to update to Vista for a while, I am not much concerned about the compatiblity with Vista. I am currently very happy with ATI 9. BTW, ATI 8/9 saved my life so many times in the past and also recently. So I am grateful to those who came up with ATI. If ATI 10 has some unique features which are missing in ATI 9, I am certainly going to upgrade to ATI 10. Please advise me. Sarutaro
  2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Jun 22, 2006
    if you just use ATI 9 just for full images there is not much point in the upgrade to version 10 since version 10 is mainly vista support and backing up and restoring application settings.
    so save the money and just use ATI9
    if ATI 9 works for you and you just want to make images then dont bother with the upgrade
    i not gonna let me bad experience with ATI change what i posted above.
    if you have made successfull backup's and restores with ATI9 keep it.
    i dont think it will be worth you upgrading to version 10
  3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Apr 28, 2004
  4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Since you have 9 and can get 10 for free to try, why not make a backup of your disk; change over to the trial of version 10 and see if you like and want to use any of it's added features. If, youd ecide 10 is not for you, jsut restore with the backup you made before the changeover.

I thin the best freature of 10 is the managed backup locations but not everyone has a need for that feature.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.