Acronis TI 8 Secure Zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jbmoar, Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

I Have Some Questions About The True Image Secure Zone
    • If I Only Have One Hard Drive On My System And Have True Image Create A SZ Using Space From My Primary And only Hard Disk and in the future If I Restore A Image That Is Stored In The secure zone, What Size Will My hard drive be restored to when The restore is done since Secure Zone Has Taken Part of the drive?
    • Can Secure Zone Manage My Images So They Are deleted After so many days and If so which images are deleted (Full Or Incremental)?
    • I Ask These Questions Because I've never actually used The secure zone very long,I've only tried it briefly and then deleted the secure zone because I've read rumours of how bad it was
    • Can Secure Zone Images Be Deleted?

• If The Recovery Manager (F11) Option Was Activated When Secure Zone Was Created;Is It Possible To De-Activate The F11 Option And Use The Secure Zone With A Boot CD?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2005
  2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Excellent questions.

The image will fill the space remaining after you created the Secure Zone.
    The images in the SZ are not deleted on a time basis. If there isn't sufficient room in the SZ for a new image that you want to create, the oldest image will be deleted to make room.
    The SZ is useful if you want to store images on your only hard drive and don't have software to resize partitions. It's safe when used that way. To delete the images in the SZ, you simply delete the SZ and then recreate it if you want to continue using it.

3. lynchknot

lynchknot Registered Member

I use Secure Zone in a partition in my slave drive simply because of what it is - a secure zone protected from windows. (and I can use "F11" to restore at boot) Incremental has never worked for me. I just make full backups after running my cleaning and antivirus apps.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello webamericas,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

In addition to John's and lynchknot's I would like to note that if there is not enough space in Acronis Secure Zone to include new full image, the oldest full image is deleted with all subsequent incrementals.

You can delete Acronis Secure Zone using "Manage Acronis Secure Zone" wizard and choosing "Remove Acronis Secure Zone". Please note that this will also delete all the images that are stored in Acronis Secure Zone.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Which means you've decided to accept the default option to also activate the Acronis Startup Recovery Manager (SRM). Well that's o.k for people who don't have proprietary hidden partitions (ala Dell recovery and diagnostic partitions) or haven't created their SZ on a removable hard drive, otherwise it could spell disaster.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.