Acronis TI 8.0 over commandline - restore problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tanteK, Apr 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tanteK

tanteK Guest

Hello,

I have problems to restore a image from networkdrive over commandline in DOS with "TrueImageCmdDos.exe". When i call it with: "dow4gw TrueImageCmdDos.exe /deploy /harddisk:1 /partition:1-1 /target_harddrive:1 /target_partition:1-1 /filename:I:\winxpsp2.tib" i get a message back that means: "Failed to open archive file"
    What did I made wrong? I think the programm cant find this .tib file...
    Sorry for my very very bad English - hope you can help me even so

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tantek,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disaster Recovery Software.

Please replace ":" symbol with spaces everywhere in the command line except in "I:\winxpsp2.tib". Also please note that you cannot restore to the same partition where the image is stored.

If the above doesn't help please check whether you are able to get the image file using graphical interface and let us know the result.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. tanteK

tanteK Guest

Tank you for reply,

ok, I tryed it with: "dos4gw w:\acronis\TICmdDos.exe /deploy /partition 1-1 /filename I \winxpsp2.tib" but I get the message back: "command line parameters are incorrect or incomplete". (I renamed the TrueImageCmdDos.exe in TICmdDos.exe)
    I think I dont did it the way you want.
    If I try "... /deploy /partition:1-1 /filename I:\winxpsp2.tib" I get the message back: "Failed to open image arcive" so I think I need the ":" at /partition and filename.
    I can restore the imagefile with the Boot-CD.

What I exactly want is to restore the two partitions C: and D: from the image I:\winxpsp2.tib to the harddisk witch is current installed on my system.
    Can you write down the right line please?

4. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

This seems to be what he suggested, is that what you tried?

Code:
    dow4gw TrueImageCmdDos.exe /deploy /harddisk 1 /partition 1-1 /target_harddrive 1 /target_partition 1-1 /filename I:\winxpsp2.tib

Last edited: Apr 10, 2005
  5. tanteK

tanteK Guest

ok, I think thats it...
    Now i get a dos4gw error (error 35).
    I know this is not your problem, but can you tell me what this error means?
    I cant find anything about this in the WWW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.