acronis TI 8.0 and Windows 2003

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by damorg, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. damorg

damorg Guest

Hello,

I'm currently running True Image 8 on my Windows XP workstation. In the upcoming weeks, I will be installing Windows Server 2003 on this workstation.

Is there a lockout or any other known issues between True Image 8 and Windows 2003? I know that I purchased a non-server version but the workstation will be used primarily as a workstation for testing and development against a Windows 2003 environment.

I just want to make sure before I dive in head-long.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

2. napoleon

napoleon Registered Member

Dan,

The version of TI must correspond with the OS, not the hardware. Therefore, if you are installing Win2k3, you will need the server version. You definitely want to make sure you are compliant with your licenses. If the regular version did manage to install, the drivers likely won't work. Server hardware is quite different from workstation hardware.

3. damorg

damorg Guest

Thanks...that's precisely what I was checking on. We use 2003 extensively at work and with some upcoming extensive traveling and working from home, I was thinking I'd bite the bullet and install 2003 on my laptop to be able to keep up with some projects a little more easily.

I've done it before some time back when I was working on a server build standard so I know the laptop itself has no problems with 2003 but I never installed Acronis while 2003 was on the disk.

hrm...rats. I don't like the idea of being w/o images for any length of time...esp. when traveling.

Thanks again for the info.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.