Acronis TI 2009 causes BSOD - Vista x64 SP2

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by churin, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. churin

churin Registered Member

Attempting to launch Acronis TI 2009 causes BSOD of Vista x64 SP2. This seems to be a compatibility issue. Is there anyone experiencing the same?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello churin,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Acronis True Image Home 2009 is compatible with Windows Vista 64bit.

First of all, please make sure that you are using the latest build of Acronis True Image Home 2009 (build #9796). If the build number differs from the latest one, please download and install the latest build. You can learn more on how to download the latest build here

If the issue persists, to find the exact reason of the issue please obtain the below files and create an e-mail request or contact Live chat service available here, under Contact us click on the Start here button and follow the step-by-step guide.

1) Please do the following under Windows environment in order to enable full dumps:

- Open "Start";
    - Right click on "My Computer" and choose "Properties";
    - Select "Advanced system settings" item;
    - Go to "Advanced" tab;
    - Go to "Startup and Recover" Settings;
    - Choose "Kernel dump" in "Write debugging information" box;
    - Close all the dialog windows by clicking OK buttons.

Now, please reproduce the system crash and send us the dumps created. This will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly.

Please be aware that the %SystemRoot% value is the location of the operating system folder. The default path on a clean installation depends upon the version of the operating system. By default in Windows NT 5.1 (Windows XP) and newer versions it is \WINDOWS.

2. - Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the "Save" option in the "File" menu (or "Action" menu under Windows 2000), enter the "File name" and set the field "Save as type" to "System Information File (*.NFO)";
    - Send us the saved file.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. churin

churin Registered Member

Thank you very much for your reply with the detailed trouble shooting instructions.
    While waiting for response I continued trouble shooting on my own and concluded that the problem is not caused by Acronis TI 2009.
    Thank you again for trying to help me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.