Acronis TI 11 Home Boot Disc

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Brian66, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian66

Brian66 Registered Member

I haven't experienced problems (yet) with backups to a USB drive. However I can't get TI 11 to create a boot disc. I get an error saying ghe drive is busy, but it's not. I'm trying to write directly to CD-R media. Hard discs are not shown as being available.

Error reads:
    E00040010:Device is busy, (0X40010) Tag=0x88F7F8138EBD33EB3

As with all such error code, it may mean something to somebody somewhere, but it's lost on me.

What do I need to do?

I'm running Windows XP and trying to get two machines fully running in order to transfer data.

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

A quick fix can be to just create an iso file instead (this is one of the optins under the later versions of ATI) and use Nero to burn the ISO to optical disk. If you don't have nero you can use any other optical disk burner such as imgburn, which is free and possibly the best, imo.

3. Brian66

OK, I made the ISO disc. I reset boot devices all to be CDROM and disabled Additional (Alternate?) Boot Device to see what happened. I got error message saying that no device was available and the computer would not boot.

So I enabled Additional Boot Device and left everything else as CDROM and restarted. The computer booted into Windows XP, my default OS. (I have a dual-boot system with Vista on one physical drive and XP on another. In Setup, all except Additional Boot Device are set to CDROM.)

My question is, it it really booting from the "rescue" disc or is it finding my regular hard disc somehow through Additional (Alternate?) Boot Device?

I thought I saw on another machine a display showing booting from Acronis.
    Am I wrong or just dreaming?

4. Brian66

Answering my own question - somewhat ...

As a test, I used my Acronis TH 11 original disc ad booted from it. One of the options was to open Windows XP, si I did see this somewhere after all.

So, is the rescue disc simply booting into Windows XP without giving me any options?

5. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

It does sound like the new CD is not bootable so your PC goes directly into Windows.

When you created the new boot CD did you simply copy the ISO file to a CD and burn it, or did you use Nero (or Imageburn or equivalent) to create a bootable CD from an ISO image file?

Another technique that has worked for some brands of CD recorders is to go back to your first post and try Bootable Media Builder again. This time, insert a blank CD in the drive but leave the drive door open. The Acronis program will close the drive door at the appropriate time.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Brian66,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image 11 Home

Let us know if you experience any difficulties burning ISO image of Acronis bootable disc to CD/DVD. You can find more information on how to burn an ISO image to a CD at:

http://iso.snoekonline.com/iso.htm
    http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm

As to your initial issue, I may suggest the following workarounds:

1. Please make sure that you are using a blank unformatted CD/DVD-R or CD/DVD-RW disc, as other types of media cannot be used to create a bootable rescue CD/DVD.

2. Boot into Safe mode (press F8 when Windows starts up and choose Safe mode to boot into) and then create Acronis True Image Bootable CD/DVD.

3. Update any third-party CD/DVD-writing software installed on the computer to the latest version available for free on its respective web-site.

4. Uninstall any CD/DVD burning software temporarily and then create Acronis True Image Bootable CD/DVD.

5. If you use Windows XP please uncheck the "Enable CD/DVD recording on this drive" box in the "Recording" tab (to get to this tab please right click on the CD/DVD-drive in "My computer" and choose "Properties").

6. One more workaround:

- Eject any disc from the burner prior to starting the program;
    - Proceed until the program asks for a disc;
    - Insert a disc and then click the OK button to close the tray automatically.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.