Acronis TI 10 and DVDs

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sford1950, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sford1950

sford1950 Registered Member

Hi all,
    I am running TI 10 Build 4942, lastest build and cannot create a DVD of my "C"
    drive. I have tried everything. I am receiving message E00070004. I am running of course on Windows, 2000 SP4 with a Sony DRU-830A Burner.
    I had Nero 7 installed and removed it after reading this forum last night. I have also sent to Acronis a message via their Tech Support function on their
    web page a note explaining the message and all the necessary logs. Does anybody know the cure for this problem ?

Regards,
    Scott Ford
    IDF - Professional Software Developer

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

I seem to remember others reporting that message error. Do a search in the forum for that number. Another thing to try, if you haven't yet done so, is to try creating the backup using the bootable True Image cd instead of from within Windows.

That said, you should be aware that if the backup is of a size that it spans 4 or more dvd discs, restoring from them will involve so many disc swaps you'll be sitting there during lunch and dinner doing those swaps. With the backup spanning 3 dvds, you'll only have to sit there during lunch. :D The restore process does not call for the dvds in the order they were made.

Another hard drive, external or internal, is far better to use as a destination for the backup images.

3. sford1950

Thanks DwnNdrty, I tried creating a backup using a Standalone CD..I managed
    to backup part of the "C" drive and guess what same issue. I don't understand
    what the issue is which creating DVD. My kids have Win?XP with a DVD burner and I can create a DVD backup of their harddrive, no problem. Right now I am not a happy camper. In the past I have used Acronis with great
    satisifaction, now, I am not so sure........

Regards,
    Scott:(

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Are you using any wireless devices like a keyboard or mouse or do you have several usb devices including a hub? Do you have GoBack or InCD running in the background?

5. sford1950

DwnNdrty,

No InCD, I have Nero 7 but not installed. I don't used Goback ( another bad experience ),,very painful. Yes, I have several USB devices including a Hub and a wireless mouse. I just tried uninstalling True Image 10 and re-installing.
    Same issue.

-- have s news flash - I am able to backup to the DVD burner using CD-Rs....humm...
    Seems Acronis has an issue with DVDs....

Regards,
    Scott

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sford1950,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please make sure you are using blank unformatted media.
    Please also try the following workaround:
    - Eject any disc from the CD/DVD burner prior to starting the application;
    - Proceed until the program asks for a disc and opens the tray;
    - Insert a disc and then click OK to close the tray automatically.

If the issue persists, please collect some information (if you haven't done so yet) to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

To obtain CD Recorder log, please proceed as follows:
    - Run regedit from Start -> Run;
    - Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\DebugLogs registry key;
    - Please create the folder DebugLogs if it does not exist yet;
    - Add cdrecord value (Type: DWORD; Data: 1);
    - Please reproduce the problem;
    The cdrecord.log will be created in Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\DebugLogs folder.

Then send a reply to the message with your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter. Attach all the collected files and information to your reply along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.