ACRONIS, this is no longer funny! (ATI 11)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by d.chatten, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d.chatten

d.chatten Registered Member

Going back a couple of weeks i reported "on these forums" and to "Acronis support" an issue i was having with ATI 11 build 8027 rescue media not working with my 320GB Western Digital HDD (if you need any info please refer to the link below, if you need any info regarding the support request please refer to incident number > [Acronis #1156000].

I did receive a fix for this issue in the form of an ISO to create a new rescue media CD, the new CD worked perfectly so i sent a big thank you to Acronis support for a very quick fix and the promt replies, i was then told that this issue would be fixed in the next build to be released which is now build "8053", but the problem is, this issue is still present in the new 8053 build of ATI 11, what this does is it stops me from using the new recovery media in build 8053, it also stops me from starting a restore process from within Windows and in turn this stops me from restoring my Windows or any OS HDD for that matter.

We have waited a long time for a new build of ATI 11, when it finally gets release i find i have the exact same issue as i had with the previous version, Acronis support assured me that the issue will be fixed and i would be able to create a recovery media CD with the new build that will work with my system and that i would be able to start a recovery from within Windows to recover my OS HDD, but i can't use the new recovery media CD build 8053.

ATI 11.0 rescue CD won't boot with 320GB Western Digital connected

I am going to report this issue again to Acronis support, but i shouldn't need to as i was told that the fix for this issue was going the be included in the new build of ATI.

I have purchased ATI since ATI 9 and have never had an issue such as this, if i can't restore my OS HDD then i have totaly wasted my money.

ACRONIS SUPPORT, WHEN WILL THIS ISSUE REALLY BE FIXED.

Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  2. vango44

vango44 Registered Member

I'm only responding to let you know you're not the only one.

Exactly the same issue as you. I am again limited to using the ISO they sent me even though they assured me the next release(8053) would fix the issue for me.

I have an Asus P5B-E

I'll also be re-activating my support ticket with them. Not sure what happened between the version they sent me and the publicly released one.

btw, the other issues I have are the progress % tool when executing a task which is fairly well reported on this forum and the "Backup system state" task not working. These still don't work with the new build. :(

3. d.chatten

d.chatten Registered Member

@Acronis support, i have reported this issue AGAIN!, this is the new incedent number > [Acronis #1222790].

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello d.chatten and vango44

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software and for the provided feedback.

We are really sorry for the inconvenience because of the described issue. The fix was indeed supposed to be included in build 8053. We will do our best to resolve this incident. Please reply the letters you received from Acronis Customer Service Department and we will do our best to help you as soon as possible.

Thank you

--
    Eugene Bogdanov

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

the new buiild does not see all the hardware that the prior build could not. Apparently it sees more than the prior build but not everything. E.g., it doens't see my Intel Raid

(Motherboard Chipset Abit AA8 ( Alderwood i925X-ICH6R); Storage Controller Intel(R) 82801FR SATA RAID Controller

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.