Acronis Tech please estimate when you will have a solution to the SATA problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by LXC, Aug 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LXC

LXC Registered Member

I contacted Acronis Tech Support on 7/26, the day T7 build 627 was released, identifying the problem with the Promise 378/SATA HD. I have been running tests and supplying data that was requested by tech support as requested. It is now 8/19 I believe you, Acronis, owes us, the end users, some answers.

- LXC

2. leehigdon3

leehigdon3 Registered Member

Unless you're being compensated by Acronis for troubleshooting known issues with their software, I'd say it's their job to supply *you* with information. There's a difference between helping a vendor improve its product and being expected to do the grunt work for the vendor to solve its problems.

3. Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta Registered Member

I completely agree. This is very frustrating. I have emailed Acronis Support 2 times and they never even had the courtesy to reply. When I registered the software, I received an email that stated:
    They have not contacted me in over a week, even though I placed my serial number in the email. (however I have no idea what "pick in e-mail serial number of yours..." really means.) Hell.. I'm 42 years old and not up on todays lingo. Maybe some of the younger members can explain to me what pick in e-mail means.

So much for the 48 hour guaranty. I would be happy with a simple reply stating that they were working on this, or that this could not be fixed so I could move on.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

4. MDB234

MDB234 Registered Member

Bump. When are we going to get SATA support?

5. LXC

LXC Registered Member

The email responses/requests from Actronis Tech Support on the TI7 SATA Problem have stopped. I never did get a response from Acronis Tech Support on the same problem I reported with TI8. I sent two emails to Acronis Sales asking for my money back on TI 8. Again, no response from Acronis. I seriously question if there is anyone at Acronis. There is no logical explanation for the dead silence. Has anyone received a response from Acronis in the last week or so?

- LXC

6. leehigdon3

leehigdon3 Registered Member

There is a very logical explanation for the dead silence: Acronis is over its head and doesn't have an answer, yet. It's not uncommon for folks in that position to ignore questions when they don't know what to tell you. That being said, do you really want to continue buying products from a company whose management lacks the character to be upfront and honest about the situation? I've made my decision on that. I'm just lurking to see when the light bulb will go on for Acronis' management. :-*

7. LXC

LXC Registered Member

Yes, you are most likely correct but I have used TI starting with V6 and Acronis has been very quick to solve the problems - till now.

I purchased the upgrade to TI8 before I tried TI7 build 627 so I was not aware there was a SATA problem with TI 7. I tried TI 8 and it hung I emailed tech support and then I backed up an tried TI 7 build 627 and disocvered it hung also. Had I started with TI 7 build 627 I never would have purchased the upgrade to TI 8.

- LXC

8. LXC

LXC Registered Member

Bump. Tech Support please answer.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello --

Well, I do understand your concerns and expectations. Please believe me that we are really working hard on finding the glitches and as soon as the problem gets fixed we will release the new build. It's really hard to say when it will be done since we cannot predict what a bright idea might come into developers habd and when it might do so.

Thank you for understanding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.