Acronis Startup Recovery Manager & OS Selector running simultaneously?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by playaz, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. playaz

playaz Registered Member

Hi guys,

I've been using Acronis for awhile and it certainly beats similar products provided by other companies such as Nortons. I have one issue that is really annoying me though.....

I currently have Acronis True Image & Acronis OS Selector installed. I installed True Image first then activated the 'Acronis Startup Recovery Manager' (by pressing F11 on startup). This has saved me on many occasions when I was unable to boot into Windows. However I am hoping to install Linux (Mandriva) on my PC and run it as a dual boot (XP/Linux). I want Linux to run alongside Windows using the Acronis OS Selector as I do not feel comfortable installing Linux using the traditional methods (LILO/Grub etc..).

My PC is a small form factor machine and only has space for one internal IDE Hard Disk, otherwise I would install each Operating System on a seperate hard disk.

Once I installed the Acronis OS Selector I no longer have the option to load into the Acronis Startup Recovery Manager once the machine boots - is there anyway to run BOTH Acronis Startup Recovery Manager AND Acronis OS Selector on the same hard disk? Obviously I want the Startup Recovery Manager just in case my installations goes 'belly up' and I also want the OS Selector once I have both Windows & Linux running as dual boot.

Thanks in advance :)

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello playaz,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software and Acronis Multiboot Managing Software.

If you activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager and install Acronis OS Selector, then Acronis OS Selector suggests to choose Acronis Secure Zone in its menu (it is the same if you press F11). Hopefully informed you well. If you have further questions concerning our software, please feel free to contact us again.

Thank you.
    --
    Iirna Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.