Acronis Startup And Recovery Manager PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mark D, Dec 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark D

Mark D Registered Member

I have installed and created my Disk backup images with no problem. I had a dual boot setup with the GRUB bootloader to be able to boot ionto LINUX or Windows XP. I activated The Startup and Recovery Manager but now can't use GRUB. Is there a way to revert back to my GRUB boot loader or am I in trouble? I have tried to deactivate the Startup and Recovery MAnager but to no avail. I created my BOOT CD's now and would rather boot with them instead of the boot manager. Will an uninstall of True Image do the trick?? Please advise. Can a Windows System Recovery roll back the Master Boot Record to the GRUB Bootloader?
    o_O :doubt:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2005
  2. Mark D

Mark D Registered Member

Well, I figured it out. If anyone has the same OOPS!! problem, heres the fix. Boot your computer with your Linux CD or DVD. Do a "repair install and then If you have SUSE 10 like me go to YaST and repair/reinstall your Boot Loader.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mark D,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

I'm really glad to hear that you managed to solve problem.

However, please take a look at the following basic instructions describing what one should do in order to have Acronis Startup Recovery Manager and GRUB at the same time:

1. Set the Linux boot (/root) partition Primary and Active (you can use any disk management software to do this)

2. Boot in Linux and install GRUB on this partition: #/sbin/grub-install /dev/boot_partition

3. Boot in Windows and activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager

The above refers to LILO boot manager as well. To install LILO on a certain partition use the following command: #/sbin/lilo /dev/boot_partition

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.