Acronis Snap Deploy Freezing D

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by MikeyT, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeyT

MikeyT Guest

Hi,

I am currently evaluating the Trial version of Acronis Snap Deploy. As a test for this software, we are trying to use it to create an image of our Windows 2000 Server Domain Controller using the boot agent, and storing the image onto the server with all of the Snap Deploy Software stored on it. The problem is that everytime the backup starts, it gets down to around 10 - 15 minutes left and just freezes up for a while (1-2 hours) and eventually fails to complete the image creation.

We have tried disabling screen savers, checking firewall settings (it's actually turned off), and disabling norton auto protect on each machine. (the host and remote machines). Although I've seen no posts on Norton affecting the image creation, I was fairly sure it had something to do with our problems.

The host machine for the Acronis software is an older Dell Server that is running Windows XP SP2. The trial period is nearly up and I would really like to figure out what the problem is with our imaging before the trial expires. I like the features and benefits of using teh Acronis software, but if it has failed to create the same image 4 times in a row, I can't see it being feasible to purchase 90 licenses for our Chemical Engineering Laboratory. Any assistance I could get would be much appreciated!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MikeyT,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Complete System Deployment Software.

Could you please send a letter with the detailed description of what you do to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread indicating in the subject that you want to contact Ilya Toytman. I will try to help you with the solution.

As for the trial period, I am sure we will let you evaluate the program even after the trial period finishes until we get it working in your system.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.