ACRONIS SHOULD BE AVOIDED!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by banders100, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. banders100

banders100 Registered Member

After buying this lame software and paying for "PRORITY SUPPORT" no one has responded to at least 8 phones calls or emails! Voice-mail ALL DAY LONG and support email unresponsive. At this point I'm going to have to dispute the charges with CC Company. I would AVOID this company! Of course after I had already paid I checked BBB reports. ATROCIOUS!!

2. Stache

Stache Registered Member

Well you will not get much help here with a problem if you do not tell people what the problem is and what version / build of TI that you are using.

3. Futurepower

Futurepower Registered Member

Once I sent a message to Acronis Technical Support and got an answer 3 MONTHS later. It was a useless answer, from someone pretending to be helpful.

4. catoblepa80

catoblepa80 Registered Member

This forum solved ALL my problems with my 180 acronis installations active

5. truthseeker

truthseeker Former Poster

I have written many emails to Acronis and have 100% of the time, ALWAYS received a reply promptly, within 48 hours maximum.

I logged into my account and wrote the email from there. I then get a reference number and they ALWAYS contact me within 48 hours.

REGISTER your product and name on their website and send any questions from your account login. Then you will receive a reply within 48 hours.

Go to www.acronis.com

Top right click on "My Account" and then login and choose "Contact Support".

That way you are sending support an email that is direct from your personal account, and Acronis gives highest priority to these emails, hence, why I always get a reply within 48 hours.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Folks,

Let's tone it down a bit Please. The best that can be done is to await Acronis Support. While it's understandable for a purchaser to lash out, let's not make it personal and start back and forth name calling. We'll get no where and if there are any further posts in that personal direction, they will be expunged

7. truthseeker

Good point Bubba. But what does "expunged" mean? :p

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

removed, blown away, poof :eek: ;)

9. truthseeker

lol. Gotcha :)

10. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

Come on back banders100 let some of the real smart people on this forum try to help you. You'll be amazed at the Knowledge they have. So many problems have been fixed by "picking their brains, as it where. ( I might add, there is a lot to learn about windows itself as well as TI on this forum)

11. truthseeker

Thank you :) That was a very nice compliment you made about me ;)

12. banders100

banders100 Registered Member

After 2 days now and still no replies from ANYONE at Acronis, I have filed complaints with BBB and FTC. I am also filing a small claims suit against them and have filed a police report for credit card fraud. If you are looking for more info on the company and have had similar problems, this information may help if given to your atty:

Entity Type: Foreign Corporation
    Identification number:000909025
    Date registered in MASS: 11/03/2005
    Principle office: 395 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 115
    South San Francisco, CA 94080

Registered Agent:
    Corporation Service Company
    84 State St.
    Boston, MA 02109

President:
    Walter F. Scott
    52 Third Ave.
    Burlington, MA 01803

Treasurer:
    Serguei Beloussov
    13755 Sunrise Valley Drive
    Herndon, VA 20171

Secretary:
    Yakov Zubarev
    13755 Sunrise Valley Drive
    Herndon, VA 20171

I am looking into the possibility of a class-action suit.

13. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

While I won't argue that there are some problems with the software, the attorney's fees and aggravation are going to make the software frustration look pretty insignificant. Get serious, it isn't like you dropped $50K+ on an Oracle license and it blew your db away.

Hold them to the refund and move on. Your next stop is likely to be the local heart and stroke clinic at this rate.

14. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

You are certainly welcome to have your opinion. In the free world this is a given. It should be noted that you have not provided any information about your system and the problems you are experiencing.

This is a public forum where many folks are available to assist . Your comments/thoughts/suggestions to date are totally unrealistic. My hope is that a moderator will delete your posting as well as blacklist your ability to post.

Think what you will but the goal here is to deal with constructive thoughts which you have not provided.

seekforever (above) said it very well.

Bruce

15. Jet60

Jet60 Registered Member

You sound too upset to think about TI clearly so I'll make a suggestion. How about just asking for a refund and moving on. :D

16. truthseeker

LOL. Thank you for writing this, it gave me the best laugh I have had in years. Me and a few other workers in the office read your post and we couldn't stop laughing solid for well over 10 minutes. So thank you for your great sense of humour writing this post, and thank you for giving us the best laugh we have had in years :)

Now on a serious note, did you read my post above about posting any questions to Acronis through your members login on their website. Whenever I do that, I get a reply within 48 hours.

17. TerryFox

TerryFox Registered Member

Bud , this dude isn't here for help . I believe he only here to cry or why else wouldn't he ask first how to solve a problem ...

18. truthseeker

Yep, and I never entertain a cry-baby who is looking for attention.

But I gave that information just in case others were reading this thread who wanted to know how to get fast replies from Acronis.

I had noticed that banders100 didn't even comment on my suggestion indicating that you are right, he isn't looking for help, he is only here to bag out Acronis and his mind seems closed on the subject.

I meet many people like him all the time. They complain about the weather, the government, their job, their friends, their boss, the dog next door, everything. They complain about everyone and everything, in an attempt to get attention, which comes from having an unhealthy,poor and low self-esteem.

19. Zeke77

Zeke77 Registered Member

wow, not at all my experience with Acronis. They have given me stellar support always. Maybe they don't like you personally :D

20. truthseeker

I believe that Acronis will deal with valued customers first, customers who are emotionally stable and who write courteous emails.

And I believe that Acronis will answer LAST all those emails written by irate customers writing in a nasty way to Acronis.

So maybe that is why you and I always get great support and why he doesn't.

People get what they put out! Be professional, kind, courteous and that is what you will get back. But if a person is rude, irate, abusive, forceful, demanding, then they will not attract people who want to help them promptly.

21. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Let's move on everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.