acronis sees dvd drive as cd-rw drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wawadave, May 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wawadave

wawadave Registered Member

ok i have xphome allnormal anti spyware apps nod32 zap.
    and my acronis 9.0(2.337)
    only sees my nec dvd_rw nd-2500A 1.06 in backup archive as nec dvd_rw nd-2500A 1.06 but in the final page acronis is read to proceed with image it than ort of stats but than eject my blank dvd and says incert a cd-r or cd-rw

i want to burn to dvd.
    why i gave up on ghosts 2002 only doing cd-r.

how do i get it to burn to dvd,s

Last edited: May 17, 2006
  2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

To burn to DVD you need to follow the instructions in FAQ#27 plus search for some helpful hints from Menorcaman which I linked to in apost yesterday (a search for DVD will bring it up).

Colin

3. wawadave

wawadave Registered Member

thx i,ll check those out!

4. data7

data7 Registered Member

I can't seem to find FAQ#27. Sounds like a fairly simple thing to do. I click on FAQ and then search but I get no responses. Could you post a link to FAQ#27? Thanks.

Regards

5. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

To burn to DVD or CD media, you have to format the media for packet writing. However, that method of saving images is the MOST problematic of all the options available. Also you should upgrade to the latest build of version 9, which is build 3567. And you will probably need more than one dvd disc to save your image, which adds another facet for TI to stumble on.

Research carefully before going ahead with saving to dvd media, unless it is the 2-step method.

6. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

7. data7

data7 Registered Member

8. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi wawadave,

You will probably find what you are looking for in this previous thread titled <Fails to see DVD Drive>, especially the embeded links contained in my reply at Post #8 therein. Note that there is typo in one of the links, in that the highest UDF file system that TI can recognise at the moment is UDF 2.01 not UDF 2.1 (there is no such thing as UDF 2.1).

Regards

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello wawadave,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

We are glad to inform you that starting with the build (3625) Acronis True Image 9.0 Home supports writing backup archives to DVD directly.

If you are registered user of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home then you can download the latest build (3633) from the Product Updates section of your account at our web site. To get access to updates you should create an account, then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

In case with the new build you can leave 'Archive splitting' option set to 'Automatic' when backing up to DVD discs. The User's Guide and FAQ will be updated shortly.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.